Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
JChelan
Follower
Follower

I have the notifications turned on for all the cameras, so when they detect motion I should have it pop up on my phone. I've checked all the settings and everything is set correctly, but still not showing me notifications. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download on the iOS app store that should address this issue. Please make sure to download the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with receiving push notifications.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.1 - 23rd May 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
troxel
Guide
Guide

I've been having the same problem for the past two days. I called their support number, but was placed on hold. I hung up after 15 minutes of no response.

Roy
New Mexico

Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, I already contacted Arlo abpout this since I'm having the same problem. They said that this issue is still being investigated by their engineering team. They found out that once we updated the app version to 2.5.0, ios device will no longer receive any push notification. So what we can do is to just wait for their update. Hoping they will fix it ASAP.

🙂

troxel
Guide
Guide

Hi, Ysabel,

In my case, it's not just the notifications. Arlo isn't saving the video online. (I have the basic service.)

Roy

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
same issue since got a update aro it gotten worse, notifications are wonky
BikerPaUK
Star
Star
Same here, but I’ve found if you turn Email notifications on you will get them (but not the push ones).
Not ideal but useful in the short term whilst the app is hopefully being ‘repaired’ 🙄
troxel
Guide
Guide

How do you turn on email notifications? I thought that was an automatic service.

Thanks,

Roy

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to edit your modes to change settings. Mode tab, click on your base, edit your modes. Be sure to save. There are FAQs here with full details.

troxel
Guide
Guide

Thank you, I can do this, but I don't recall having to set up any modes before. It was, apparently, done automatically, and I was receiving email notifications on a regular basis. (I've had these cameras for several years.) 

Is this a change in Arlo's policy? If so, the company should have notified us.

Roy 

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Things have settled down for my Android app except on mode, schedule icon appears but what mode it is in is blank. Tolerable. But iOS still without push notifications, rendering one phone still without all functions. @JamesC is there any ETA for the fix on iOS push notifications on iOS? This is obviously an app situation since the system is operating, the Android app is cooperating and reflects what is going on in the web gui.

BikerPaUK
Star
Star
I have found (& tested) that if you enable email notifications as well as push ones on iOS (11.3.1) app on iPhone I am now getting them both.
i..e. I get the push ones from Arlo iPhone app which I wasn’t without the email enabled as well.
waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

Add me to the list. I thought I was going crazy.  For the last week or so, I'd hear my son or wife go out the front door and have a pavlovian response expecting my phone to chirp, but get nothing.

Sometimes it does work though.  It seems to be stretches were it works fine, or doesn't work at all.

What's going on Netgear?

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
since they update the app they broke the notification now it’s wonky 2.5.0 has a bug
waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

Oh, well... that's comforting.  Nice to know that software that can literally render the system useless can be released, with no notification that there is a problem, and they can spend more than a week doing god knows what about it.

Comforting.

troxel
Guide
Guide
But I can't get the notifications to work on my PC either. I'm also wondering if the videos are really being stored on the Arlo cloud.
Is the problem due to a rollout of a new version of the software?
Roy
waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

I did a support "chat", and the agent said they were aware of the problem and it is with the app.  Not sure why it affects PC, but I've never tried to use alerts there.  How does that work exactly?  The notifications I'm referring to are SMS push, how do you get alerts via PC?

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

*edit, I did not mean to say SMS, it's push.

troxel
Guide
Guide

I receive email notices, that's all. I didn't have to set up anything, until now.

Roy

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
ios push notifications working randomly it doesn’t always work.
troxel
Guide
Guide

Last year, I had similar problems with Fitbit, and got the same run-around.

Roy

I_See_U
Tutor
Tutor

Yep same problem here! I received an email last night saying there was an updated version of the app and I could go download it. I have been trying to do so for 6 hours and no new version of the app is available. I just talked with a representative and said there's a delay when a new app version is added to the app store. I just wanted to tell the representative "don't  send emails saying to go download a new app if it's not available."

I've had many problems with Arlo and their customer service lately that I'm beginning to really regret these cameras. I really love them when they work. But I don't feel like they don't their jobs anymore or what I paid for since this problem has lasted a week with no fixes. Fixes should be done quickly when you break something.

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

You got an email about version 2.5.1?  Can you share it?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download on the iOS app store that should address this issue. Please make sure to download the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with receiving push notifications.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.1 - 23rd May 2018

JamesC

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
still work it randomly works it doesn’t work all the time need push notifications server needed
troxel
Guide
Guide
I called Arlo this morning and after waiting 5 minutes, received a recorded message advising me to download firmware version 1.7. But there is no way to do that using my Arlo software. Also, after doing a Google search on Arlo firmware 1.7, I couldn't locate any such thing.
Roy