Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
azraelmds
Aspirant
Aspirant
I using Ipad with live streaming for the camera. But it seem intermittently hang or appear image frozen. i have to close the apps and reopen it so that to make it work again.

The problem is random and i use to monitor my baby diring night hour. But I as well doubt the realiability of this model and hope there is way to fix it.
6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

azraelmds wrote:
I using Ipad with live streaming for the camera. But it seem intermittently hang or appear image frozen. i have to close the apps and reopen it so that to make it work again.

The problem is random and i use to monitor my baby diring night hour. But I as well doubt the realiability of this model and hope there is way to fix it.

Is the Pro plugged in ?

Many Arlo cameras do shut down at the 30 min mark...to preserve batteries, both Arlo and Arlo Pro do this

A few have tested the duration of live stream time and while it varies, results are pretty close

Also you cuould check the sleep timer on the ipad to make sure it's not turning off after time

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

azraelmds wrote:

True.. This is also how I benchmark my system by playing continuously 2-3 times in a day to see how the cams hold up... I'm connected wired using wemo with battery inside the cam.. Indeed I agree with you that it intermittently hang or appear image frozen once in awhile for me. However, I don't do it all the time so I accept the way it is for now. We are all hoping that someday these glitches will be fixed. 

azraelmds
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for replay. Yes and i didnt apply the power for the pro and i did some experiments and seem it does disconnect for every 30minutes.

So like to ask if Arlo Baby has no that issue that i know it can stand for couple of hours and is good enough for me., In the case i didnt apply the power as well? Thank you!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo Baby doesn't have a time out feature as it was designed to mostly run on ac ( tho it does have an internal batteery good for a few hours at night and double that in the day ( ir lights drain more ))

So far the most I have run the Baby is about 4-5 hours and have not seen many issues... still a slight bug they are working on re some pixel noise at bottom of streamed picture that comes and goes...

Ive been happy overall with the baby and its feature for the grandkids ( btw, tested on android S7 and Ipad )

Morse is faster than texting!
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Welcome to the club maybe someday they'll fix it
azraelmds
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, by the way when you talk about Arlo baby using for 4 to 5 hour in battery...are you in ac? Or else if it can run continuously from iPad with no disconnection like pro do? (using battery)
Why i'm asking this as sometime i just like to mobilize the camera to difference place with using battery..

Thank you!