Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro firmware updates

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Klawler01
Tutor
Tutor

My newly installed Arlo Pro has a constant message that 'both base station and camera firmware need to be updated', then 'let's start with base station'.  it appears to be updating, but nothing happens.   It's a constant message that i cannot get rid of.   Prevents from seeing 'live' action..   

18 REPLIES 18
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you power cycled the base? That may help.
Klawler01
Tutor
Tutor
If you mean powered off and back on then yes I have. No change. Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What's you internet speeds? Some folks ha e reported an issue with slow speeds.
Klawler01
Tutor
Tutor

thanks.  i've been told internet speed is 1.4mbs to 1.5mbs...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Use speed test.net to get your real speeds.
DJeung
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue when I set up my system, and again when I added a 5th camera to the system. I kept getting the "Firmware update in progress..." message and I would click the button and wait. and wait. and wait...

I wonder if ARLO has several firmware updates that it must run in sequence, and the message that appears is for each firmware update?  Kind of like with Windows security updates that must be dones in sequence?  Anyone from Netgear have any input on the firmware update processes?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Djeung,

What was the battery life for the affected camera? Low battery can cause issues when attempting to complete a firmware update. If you are having issues complete a firmware update, be sure the camera has good signal strength and fresh batteries and try again.

JamesC

DJeung
Aspirant
Aspirant
That is a difficult question to answer, because when you first try and add the camera using the app, you do not see the battery level indicator. The camera was brand new however, and was plugged in and charging for at least 30 minutes prior to attempting to add to the app. I don't believe that battery strength was an issue though. As I mentioned above, I wonder if there are "multiple" firmware updates that must be done in sequence which (to the average user) might appear as a repeat message when in fact they are messages for each update being applied to the camera. Does anyone on these boards have any information on the number of firmware updates that have been released?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No, the updates are not sequential. The latest one has all updates included.
sharkcom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way I can be notified of new firmware upgrades?   Do they have a website that lists the latest firmware and what fixes/features are included in that specific firmware release?    

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sharkcom,

Release notes are available here: Release Notes

JamesC

sharkcom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks JamesC - but I dont see any Release notes for the Pro Firmware 1.090.0.0_9945 that I am running but my Pro Cameras updated as soon as they were connected.    I just wanted to see what this current release addressed versus whatever the firmware that they originally came with.   No worries, I will just keep an eye on the thread you noted.

JamesC wrote:

sharkcom,

Release notes are available here: Release Notes

JamesC

Andres18
Tutor
Tutor
Having the same problem. Waiting days for one of the cameras to update - just keeps blinking blue-amber... for hours. Anyone have got any solutions? Not possible to see live images ..despite it detects motion and adjust can be made ....I made all the above procedures description in all forums and nothing. Please help !
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Andres18,

Consider removing the battery, reinsert and try completing the update process again. If you still get the same behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Andres18
Tutor
Tutor
Can I remove battery even meanwhile it is blinking blue - Amber? Because when I gives it the order to update that blinking never stops only if I press "sync" again bottom on top of the camera ... anyway I did it ... and issue still here. Thanks for your kind reply
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
1.090.0.0_9945 i havent got any latest firmware
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Wait overnight or try power cycling the base.
Andres18
Tutor
Tutor
They asked me to ship the camera back to Memphis - as I bough it while I been to US and now that I am abroad is more expensive to ship it back and buy other complete systems here ... and that camera Pro I will use for another purpose ... weight for papers .