Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cameras all detect sound whenever I log into Arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CybrBlade
Aspirant
Aspirant
For some reason whenever I login to the Arlo app on my iPhone I immediately get alerts that all 4 of my wireless Arlo Pro cameras detect sound. This started happening only within the past 6 months or so. It happens when my cameras are armed. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling. I restarted all the cameras and the base station. I've no idea why it detects sound eveytime I log into the app. There's definitely no sound that is actually detected. My Arlo Q is right by the Arlo Pro cameras and that one doesn't detect any sound, only the wireless Arlo Pro ones.

Anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CybrBlade

What version IOS is your Iphone running & does this sound issue occur when you log in on any other phone/table (IOS/Android) or computer?

CybrBlade
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Shayne,
I'm running iOS 12.3.1. And yes, the same thing does happen when I login to the Arlo website on my PC.

Although it's weird that it only happens on 3 cameras that are on the same floor but not the 1 in the basement. And it doesn't always happen when I login from a PC, maybe like 1 out of 4 times.

It's really weird behavior.
CybrBlade
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hmm okay, I was able to stop it from happening on camera 3 by setting the audio sensitivity from 4 to 3. That's how the 4th camera in the basement was set. I bet if I change the other 2 camera audio settings from 4 to 3 that would fix those also.

Is it normal for the cameras to detect sound whenever I login if they are set at level 4 sensitivity? Or why that would be...
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@CybrBlade

The cameras should not detect any logins as audio, that is a weird one. I only see this occurring if you do in fact happen to make some type of noise as you log in, but even then that's a long shot. Have you tried to remove the cameras from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add them. Make sure you add any rules back to the cameras. 

CybrBlade
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did try to remove a camera and add it back and reapplied the rules. Still the same thing though.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 41010058

CybrBlade
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you very much!