Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera VMC4030 won't power on nor sync

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
gormaul
Initiate
Initiate

I have 5 Arlo Pro VMC4030 cameras, and onet went offline a few weeks ago. When I reseat the battery, I get a solid blue light for two seconds, and that's it. Then when I press the sync button, there are no lights whatsoever. After reading another support discussion with similar symptoms, I've removed that specific camera device from the Arlo settings Device List in hopes to re-sync it --but the issue seems to be camera device specific. I've tried swapping the battery with a known-working battery from one of the other cameras --so it's definitely not a battery issue. I've checked the battery contact terminals, compared it to known-working cameras --and the contacts are intact and springy. The only other sign of life I can get from the camera is while the battery is inserted, I attach the AC power plug, then get rapid blinking blue lights for two seconds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gormaul
Initiate
Initiate
Problem resolved. I contacted Customer Support, performed phone-side troubleshooting, and it was concluded that the camera is basically dead for whatever reason. Currently getting a replacement camera (warranty).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
gormaul
Initiate
Initiate
Problem resolved. I contacted Customer Support, performed phone-side troubleshooting, and it was concluded that the camera is basically dead for whatever reason. Currently getting a replacement camera (warranty).