Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Deanla
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased an Arlo Pro camera to add to my current 3-camera system, and everything but the audio feature is working. I can hear activity going on around the camera, but it is impossible to talk back to it. The icon for audio is greyed out and just doesn't appear to activate. The "press to talk" feature never turns green or works at all. It appears this has been a problem before but has been fixed when others have reported similar problems. I have tried the fixes suggested and it just won't work.

Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The most likely scenario is that you haven't given the app all permisions in the phone settings for the app.

Deanla
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat I made sure all the app settings were on yesterday while I was researching the problem and just confirmed it again now. That made no difference.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

Deanla
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! I had rebooted everything but it was reinstalling the app that was the magic!
RonW_1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, had the same issue, and that fixed it👍🏿👍🏿

jellis50
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue as the rest. But I tried rebooting my phone and deleting app and re-installing it. I checked permissions and everything is checked on. I can hear but mic is greyed out.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

gsewing
Guide
Guide

As far as the audio and you not being able to hear things going on around the camera. I had the same issue and much to my surprise my blue tuth on my cell phone was on and the sound was only in my headset. No problem with the audio on the Arlo at all. Problem solved.