Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tlpollock
Tutor
Tutor
I would like to see volume setting in the library while looking at videos and adjusting the volume. When I use the volume buttons on my phone, an indication that pops up of where my volume is and which way it's going when I push volume buttons would be nice. The pop up would disappear after a few seconds. I know it's a very little minor thing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tlpollock
Tutor
Tutor
It magically pops up the volume indication now when I'm in the library and using the device volume controls. Thank you guys. 👍🏻

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tlpollock,

For video playback, volume should be controlled from the playback device. For example if you are on your laptop you would need to use the volume controls on the laptop to adjust volume. This applies to your phone and any other device you might use for viewing recordings. In short, this is a feature of the device, not the app as it does not control playback volume.

JamesC

Tlpollock
Tutor
Tutor
Several other apps I have used while watching video will have a pop up with the volume slider that moves with the buttons. You are right the device controls the volume , but the app can pop up the volume bar that shows the device volume feedback. It's no biggie, just though this app could show it also like other apps.
Tlpollock
Tutor
Tutor
It magically pops up the volume indication now when I'm in the library and using the device volume controls. Thank you guys. 👍🏻