Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Questions about the Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
WHB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am new to the community. I have some simple questions before I purchased and hope someone can respond to them.

I am reviewing the VMS4230.

1) I don't see a good contact link on  the ARLO website, is it difficult in communicationg with the company about the product?

2) I have a netgear61 router, will that help with the plug and play set up of the cameras?

3) When the siren goes off does the sound come out of the base unit or out of the camera?

4) Does the base unit need to be by the router as was in the Arlo film?

5) Why did the Arlo Pro come with wall mounts rather than the magnetic mount as the Arlo?

6) Can the camera be held in place securely with the magnetic mounts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) you can post here on the Arlo community and ask questions and if a problem go to Support

2) The Pro base must hook into the router via ethernet cable to access the internet

3) Siren is on the base unit

4) The base can be as far away from the router as you want.... ethernet cable is good for 100m. OR you can use a wifi expander with an ethernet port and plug into that.

5) the Pro comes with the same half-ball magnetic mounts as Arlo cameras, other mounts are available to purchase

6) yes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) you can post here on the Arlo community and ask questions and if a problem go to Support

2) The Pro base must hook into the router via ethernet cable to access the internet

3) Siren is on the base unit

4) The base can be as far away from the router as you want.... ethernet cable is good for 100m. OR you can use a wifi expander with an ethernet port and plug into that.

5) the Pro comes with the same half-ball magnetic mounts as Arlo cameras, other mounts are available to purchase

6) yes

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Al's, notice the Contact Support link at the bottom of all these pages.