Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hms81
Follower
Follower

Hey guys I really need some help on this... I have been going back and forth for a while now and can't seem to get a straight answer. I bought a Arlo Pro - 3 camera Security System in the US and I want to take it with me for my vacation home in Europe (Portugal). I was told by US Arlo Technical Support that I could do this, all I would have to do was change the AC adapter power supply charger (Input 100-120V Output 12V 1.5A) and the battery charger (Input 100-240V Output 5V 1.6A of 9V 1.1A) and buy one in Portugal that would match their electricity 220V.

The issue I am having is that Arlo has no customer service in Portugal and no one sells the ac power / battery charger.

My main questions are:

Where can I buy the AC adapter power supply / battery charger so that the Arlo Pro will work in Portugal?

Is the base prepared for both is 110V and Europe 220V electricity?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the specs...

listed right on the ac adapter for charging cameras...Mine ( US ) says 120-240v ac input

The base power supply says 120v ac...

So you need only a base supply that outputs 12v dc ( center positive coaxial plug )... can't be overly hard to find with an internet search. or like ebay, etc

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Or even use a common 220vac to 120vac wall adapter / converter combo with European configuration plug.