Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro and iPhone X - Audio not working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
khudsn7
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just bought the Arlo Pro base with 2 cameras.  I set these up using my (new) iPhone X.  It appears there is a problem within the arlo app and using the iPhone X.  The audio will not work properly using an iPhone X.  (The video is OK).  Using the Arlo app on this phone, when you try and go "live", at first you can hear the audio coming into this phone from the camera.  Initially that works OK.  However, if you click on the microphone to speak, it does not work.  And, after that, the audio from the camera no longer is heard on this iPhone.  At first I thought it was a problem with the pro cameras.  However, I subsuquently tested the Arlo app software using same cameras on my (mac) computer, ipad pro, and iphone 6S Plus.  The Arlo software works perfectly on these other devices. So it appears something has changed in the iPhone X hardware that causes the Arlo software (in the audio transmission only) not to work properly.  Works perfectly on these other devices I mentioned, but not on the iPhone X.  I reported this to Netgear support, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this on the iPhone X.  Thanks, Ken

P.S.  Also the Arlo software, when first setting up, ask the user if he wants to use touch ID for identification.  On the new iPhone X, there is no longer touch ID, now, it is face ID.  Appears to me, the Arlo software needs some updating to work properly on the iPhone X.  (If I were going to send something back for a refund...it would NOT be, the iPhone X!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
khudsn7
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, in fact I did download the latest version, 11.2, for the iPhone X.  It does appear that the audio on the two cameras is NOW working.  It appears that this upgrade did fix this problem.  The audio volume is not that great, but at least it is working, and speaking through to the cameras is audible.  Thanks for your follow up.

Ken

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

go to https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/

report this as mentioned above... they prob know  ( apple apps take a while to get released due to apples procedure )

but it couldn't hurt to report just in case

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new iOS app is available for download in the iOS store. Please make sure to update to the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Release Notes

JamesC

khudsn7
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, in fact I did download the latest version, 11.2, for the iPhone X.  It does appear that the audio on the two cameras is NOW working.  It appears that this upgrade did fix this problem.  The audio volume is not that great, but at least it is working, and speaking through to the cameras is audible.  Thanks for your follow up.

Ken