Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Placement

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Flora516
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone please help me with camera placement (if that is my problem)?  I have attached a screen shot of my front and back porch.  My front porch camera works fine and picked up the mail carrier delivering a package.  The back porch picks up movement very delayed.  I can make it off the back deck, drop off the trash, back across the deck and the camera doesnt start recording until I am closing my sliding door.  I am also having issues with the camera going off line and not allowing the live view to work.  Could all of this be related?  I was thinking my internet may be to slow but the front camera is fine.  Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What motion sensitivity setting is the back porch camera on? If it's not on 100, turn it up to 100 and turn it down as you get false triggers

Flora516
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have it set at 100%.  It was at 80% and yesterday I increased it to 100%.  I didnt see a change.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Offline and very laggy generally points to a poor WiFi connection between the camera and base. Check the camera WiFi indicator - how many bars are black? It's also possible that another 2.4GHz device is interfering with the signal. Do you have any wireless devices relatively near the camera? What is the house construction? What obstructions are in the straight-line path between the camera and base, including walls, mirrors, ductwork or other metal items?

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Distance may be a problem too.....looks like camera is sitting pretty high and far from deck access. I had a similar situation and fixed it by moving camera about a foot lower.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Also, angle the camera to the left a bit more. There's no need to have so much wall in the field of view