Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
RickNY
Star
Star

I am having an issue with trying to schedule my cameras so two that are in active areas do not record during the times when we regularly use those areas.  I have a custom mode named "Armed Front Only", that is set to record if motion on my driveway and front door cameras.  Under the schedule, I have created the following segments:

M, T, W, Th, F:  Start time 12:00 AM Stop Time: 2:00 PM Mode: Armed

M, T, W, Th, F:  Start time 2:00 PM Stop Time: 6:00 PM Mode: Armed Front Only

M, T, W, Th, F:  Start time 6:00 PM Stop Time: 12:00 AM Mode: Armed

Sat, Sun: Start Time: 12:00 AM Stop Time: 12:00 PM Mode: Armed

Sat, Sun: Start Time: 12:00 PM Stop Time: 6:00 PM Mode: Armed Front Only

M, T, W, Th, F, Sat, Sun: Start Time: 6:00 PM Stop Time 12:00 AM Mode: Armed

The problem I am having is that when I set the Mode to Schedule -- the mode shows as "Disarmed" in my app, and doesn't record anything.  The only way I can get it to record is just to set the mode to "Armed". What am I doing wrong?

Rick

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure this is the problem but try setting any end time that's currently set to 12:00AM to 11:59PM. The start times of 12:00AM are ok.

Also, is this with the app or a browser? I still find that using a browser to modify modes/rules/schedule works better.

CobraJet
Star
Star

Hi Rick …I recently had a similar problem and hopefully what I discovered will help. Let me begin by asking if you’re using a PC to set up your schedule? Secondly, is your app on an IOS or Android device? I ask these questions because I‘ve noticed that there are differences between the schedules on my PC and iPad/iPhone. For starters, on my PC the week begins with Monday and on my IOS App it starts on Sunday. Additionally, my PC allows me to set the schedule to end at 12:00 Midnight, but on my IOS App it stops at 11:59 PM. That may not seem like a big deal, unless you are resuming the schedule at 12:00 AM the following day, which apparently creates a conflict. The system obviously doesn’t like stopping and starting at 12:00 Midnight, which can be scheduled from a PC.

Therefore, what I did to resolve my issue was to delete the schedule completely and then recreate the schedule using my IOS APP (don’t use your PC), and (just to be on the safe side) I intentionally ended my Sunday night schedule at 11:58 PM  because of the PC/IOS difference between the Sunday/Monday start of the week and it solved the problem.

I hope this helps …Regards CJ

RickNY
Star
Star
So if I use my iPhone to create the schedule, I get to a point where blocks of schedule start disappearing. So I used the web browser on my PC. I did try deleting everything and creating from scratch, but still end up with it showing Disarmed. I also have an Android phone. Maybe the scheduling when done through that app will work. On the iPhone, when a block disappears, trying to add it back works OK until you click Done on the segment, and then it turns to white again and doesn’t add the block.
RickNY
Star
Star
Ok so interesting. Just set the schedule up on Android. I set it up exactly as I specified in my initial post with the :59 ending times. I was able to get the whole schedule in. Now - if I view the schedule on the iPhone, all of those :59 ending times are shown in the app as :58 on iOS. So there definitely is some sort of time issue with iOS. It’s showing Armed now — I’ll wait till the change to Front Only and make sure it sticks.
Hawkeye12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did this work for you? I am having the same problem and customer support hasn't been able to help me? My camera keeps changing to disarmed af midnight when using the schuedule. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hawkeye12,

What firmware is your base station & cameras running? What device are you using to view your schedule & the issue? Does this appear the same on the Mobile App and the web portal?

Hawkeye12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Firmware 1.12.0.0_27099. I mainly use my iOS for convenience however I have noticed the stop Time on the iOS shows one minute earlier than the stop time in my computer for all scheduled changes for armed to custom
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hawkeye12,

Do you have an example of how you would like your schedule to be set?

MMH84
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having a similar issue... my schedule was not activating the designated mode, and was defaulting to "Disarmed". I also noticed that the times on the website schedule and the iOS app schedule are different. When setting to end at 11:59pm on the website schedule... the app says the mode ends at 11:58pm. 

So, what I did is I created custom modes, instead of using the default "Armed" mode, and set the website schedule to end at 11:59pm, so the iOS app says 11:58pm. So far it's working.

Manual reset did nothing.