Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JTKHorses
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo Pro cameras that alert me to motion but do not record the motion. I've checked all of my settings and recently re-synced all 3 cameras. I'm hoping for some advice on how to fix this. This has been going on all week and they used to work perfect. I've not changed any settings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The easiest thing to do first is most cases is REBOOT the base.

Turn off wait a few secs , turn on...let it com back online ( up to 2 mins ) and test

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JTKHorses
Aspirant
Aspirant
I forgot to mention I've done that as well, both from the app and by physically pressing the on/off button on the base station.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Then i would take one camera and use REMOVE DEVICE in cam settings

then bring it back as new ,... test...if it functions do the other two also

JTKHorses
Aspirant
Aspirant
That's what I meant I did when I re-synced them. I removed all my devices and then added them back. Still nothing.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The only thing left is to remove the base and do a full reset of the base... bring back as new.

OR

Netgear Support  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray?  Gray is disarmed and won't record.  Can you live view and manually record ok? Try enabling both push and email notifications to see if they work.  Push should alert immediately while email waits for the video to upload but provides a link to view.

JTKHorses
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are black. It alerts me that there is motion but it does not record.
JTKHorses
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can manually record and live view just fine.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do the manual recordings show in the library immediately?  There have been instances of delayed posting to the library - you may be experiencing that.

JTKHorses
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes they do but I did have that problem a month or so ago but now the triggered recordings don't show up at all (or it's not recording).
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Enable push notifications so you can tell if a recording has been triggered.  Then walk in front of the various cameras to try to get them to record - be sure to be close so distance isn't a problem.

JTKHorses
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got 2 of the 3 cameras to record once but none of them are recording consistently.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That could be due to poor connection between the base and cameras or the sensitivity is set too low.  Bring the cameras close to the base and test again for proper operation.

JTKHorses
Aspirant
Aspirant
That makes sense but I haven't moved the location of the cameras or the base station and they both used to work perfect.. What could have changed?
JTKHorses
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also, if the sensitivity is too low, why would it pick up and alert me of the motion?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Additional equip that uses the 2.4Ghz band that was recently installed or moved can contribute to poor signal quality. However, if you're getting push notifications but no videos, that's a whole different kettle of fish.
JTKHorses
Aspirant
Aspirant
So what should my next step be?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.