Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro record until activity stops feature issues

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Mrtech
Tutor
Tutor

What's the deal with the "(RECORD UNTIL THE ACTIVITY STOPS)" this feature does not work and I've seen several different post about this issue, with no resolution... is Arlo ever going to fix this issue. I get several 6, 12, and max 19 second videos cutting in and out of what's going on it my yard. This issue needs to be addressed immediately.

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I thought this feature works now with the latest firmware update. What firmware are you on?

Mrtech
Tutor
Tutor
1.8.9.0_11528 Is what my firmware is and their is no available update.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

1.092.0.4_13099 is the most recent.

Power cycle your base station and check the camera again in the morning

AtchRho
Guide
Guide

We are having the same issues

Mrtech
Tutor
Tutor
I power cycled the base for 10 mins did a hard reset. Also re installed the app on my phone. This is the current firmware for my arlo pro. Abviously Other people are having this issue and Arlo still hasn't fixed this issue. Seems like it should have been fixed months ago.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mrtech,

It sounds like given the variances you describe in the recording length, that recording is continuing when within the cameras detectable range and once the motion trigger leaves the cameras detectable range, recording stops. For recordings to continue, motion needs to be within range of the camera and stay within range of the camera.

JamesC

Mrtech
Tutor
Tutor
JamesC
I don't agree that this is the issue. I have my camera mounted about 7 foot tall above my door and I'm 6.5. I can't stand within 4-5 feet of the camera and it still stops recording at 19seconds. Then starts a new video for another 19 seconds and this is a none going issue till I walk away from the camera.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Standing ain't gonna do it. You must be moving difficult be detected. I found that arm waving isn't sufficient but walking is.