Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Off Line

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
AtchRho
Guide
Guide

Arlo Pro, 4 cameras, set up the new system Saturday, everything working fine, but yesterday afternoon

one camera went off line and as not come back on as of this morning?

what can I do remotely to get this camera working again?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The best you can do remotely is to restart the base using Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart button at the bottom.  That may or may not fix it.  

For the future, it is recommended (by us users) to use a UPS/battery backup for your modem, router and base since power outages can cause issues as well as a remotely operable switch such as a WeMo switch so you can remotely power cycle your base.  Of course, it's possible that nothing short of physical presence will help, depending on the exact cause.

AtchRho
Guide
Guide

Thank you, I'll give it a try

AtchRho
Guide
Guide

I just tried it, still 3 cameras working, 1 is not?

New system, all 4 worked fine for 2 days?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be a dead battery.  Sounds like only physical presence to troubleshoot will be required.  Try using the power supply to see if the camera connects then.  Check the battery level and charge as needed. Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.  If all fails, you'll have to open a case with support.

DanG808
Tutor
Tutor

Purchase the base unit and 3 cameras, works well.  Then added a 4th camera, sync and worked fine, but it keeps getting disonnected.  It is at my front door which is about 40 feet away to the main unit, between two drywalls.  Camera is above front door screwed to cement wall and the front door is metal door. The first time it disconnected, I rebooted the main unit and it connected. This all happend in a span of three days, batteries are good.  But I am not there to be able to reboot the main unit. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can restart the base in Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart at the bottom.

However, based on your description, I suspect the camera location is the issue with the cement wall and steel door interfering with the signal. When you have a chance, swap cameras to see if the problem stays with the position.
DanG808
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah, Tried remotely restart, still on connected.  will have to try when I get back to the unit.  Could there be a difference in the "Device Info" HW version on my 3 initial camers was H7.  This new 4th camera I bought separately say HW11.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I have both H7 and H11 cameras which seem to operate identically.
DanG808
Tutor
Tutor

Weird,  installed the camera on Monday of this week.  Now it shows it is connected but batteries down to 1 percent now.  Have not gotten any notification of motion, batteries were at 100%.  Now at 1%.  I was thinking maybe the unit kept trying to connect to the main base and ran the batteries down.  I will try to check next time I get up to my unit.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DanG,

Definitely sounds like an issue with the location. Consider swapping the camera out with one that is behaving normally to see if you get the same results.

JamesC

DanG808
Tutor
Tutor

purchased a 3 camera standard system.  Purchase another single system so I could add another camera.  The new 4th camera keeps unconnecting from the system and the batteries drain really fast.  Using panasonice CR123's.  rebooted several times, relocated the camera closer to the base station, same results.  changed out batteries, rebooted, reconnected, etc, etc, walked thru all the steps with tech support, they are sending me a new camera, hopefully this one works.  no one seems to know what is wrong with this camera.