Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
james2225
Tutor
Tutor

I have four Arlo Pro cameras and one of these camera's showed battery low. So I brought it in the house to charge, plugged into charger, came back a bit later and the camera was hot. Not the battery hot but the front of camera. So I took the battery out, let the camera sit overnight, put the battery from another camera in it, tried to re-sync camera and the re-sync light would not come on. let camera sit for a while came back and the camera was hot. So took battery out and just connected camera to charging unit without battery, I read on some post where the camera will work plugged into the  charging unit with out the battery installed. Again camera got hot. Camera is hot enough I can still hold it, but much hotter than just charging the battery. I'm a little worried about fire, it's not that hot yet but afraid it might get that way. Well I plan on leaving it unplugged as the camera won't work anyway.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I certainly wouldn't keep using the camera if it's getting hot - it should NEVER get hot. Use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here for a warranty claim.

james2225
Tutor
Tutor

The camera is over a year old, so warranty is no more.  As far as using the camera, It won't work so I can't. I just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem and is it was fixable.

kuky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the same issue. Camera is not responding to sync button with battery on. It's hot when plugged in (and still not responding). Did you solve this problem?

james2225
Tutor
Tutor

No I never found the cause, camera now is just sitting on the shelf. Never was able to get through to tec support.

Cowcorner
Initiate
Initiate

I just had the same issue with one of my four cameras...... must be a faulty camera and good to see arlo aren't replying to its loyal customers again after the latest update failures also.... Now have a nice white hand pocket warmer.... Surely they back their products to last longer than this!!!!

CrewelLye
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue with one of my camera's. It just came offline and then  I could not get it to sync. No flashing blue light. It simply gets extremely hot when plugged in, with or without battery.  2 years old so no warranty. Thank You Arlo for a very expensive fake camera I can leave on my shelf, as a potential deterrent....