Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Sync Button does not work

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
hmorales832001
Follower
Follower

The Sync button does not work, lost connection and was never able to reconnect. After many attempts, community questions and trobleshooting it still doesn't work. I also removed it fro the base station and tried to reconnect and nothing. I replaced the battery still nothing. I even tried to sync it without the battery just plugged and nothing. The Blue light works because it flashing rapidly when I insert the battery and/or connect the charging cable. I reconnected my other camera just for testing and it works. The camera was not dropped or dammaged in any way. 

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @hmorales832001

Just to double check, you did remove the camera from the Settings > My Devices?

pmykal
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue with mine. Also removed it from my devices. Nothing happens when pressing the sync button on the camera.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you briefly pressing the base sync button first? When pressing the camera sync button, does it flash blue and amber? If not, what happens when you reinstert the battery - it should briefly flash blue when the battery makes contact?

pmykal
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried pressing sync on base station and then on camera. Also have went through the sync process stated in Arlo app with no success.

I get a quick flash blue light when connected to battery or just power supply with no other lights afterwards.
When connecting an additional source of power, the blue light flashes rapidly for a few seconds. This is followed by no other light status.

After letting this set all night charging a battery It now is flashing blue and amber for about a minute or two with about the same amount of time with no light to flashing blue and amber again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may have a bad camera. Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx