Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
chudak
Guide
Guide

I got new cameras and new solar panel by  Wasserstein (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074KFZYJJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and getting this error all the time "A charging fault has been detected on Driveway camera. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charging Faults."

Tech support does not seem like has a clue 😞

Did anyboidy find a solution to this issue?

Thx

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not much to do...the specs on a third party solar panel may not be the same as one produced by Netgear.

Other than what your doing and/or the panel may be defective

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
brh
Master
Master

@chudak

Wasserstein tries to make everyone believe that their products are Arlo approved, which they are absolutely not. If you read the reviews on Amazon, you will see that their products are cheap Chinese made items. Some people, maybe 50% give their products good reviews, I surely would not trust them out in inclement weather. 

Brian

chudak
Guide
Guide

The problems is that I tried netgear panle awhile ago and it was having similar issue !!

chudak
Guide
Guide

@brhwrote:

@chudak

Wasserstein tries to make everyone believe that their products are Arlo approved, which they are absolutely not. If you read the reviews on Amazon, you will see that their products are cheap Chinese made items. Some people, maybe 50% give their products good reviews, I surely would not trust them out in inclement weather. 

Brian

Do you have a solar pan that works well and chnagres Arlo Pro ?  Pls suggest !

brh
Master
Master

@chudak

Yes, the Arlo solar panel. I have 2 Arlo Pro cameras using these and am about to mount another Pro camera using Arlo's solar panel.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@chudak Yes, I believe that is the correct one. Rather than buy off of Amazon, if you have a Best Buy near you, you can run out and buy one tonight. The Arlo one will come in a box with the Arlo hummingbird logo on it.

Brian

FrederickG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 solar panels that worked fine for a few months then 2 of them started to get error messages and wouldn't charge. I tried everything possible but to no avail.  About 3 weeks ago, the problem mysteriously went away and they are all working fine.  This leads me to believe it was a software issue that was addressed on Netgears end.....................hopefully.

Mediocriollo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a system with 5 cameras. One is plugged in. Other 4 are connected to solar panels. Running 9 months. Since yesterday 2 cameras are losing charge, not charging - no lightning symbol - and give message “ charging fault” 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Mediocriollo,

Have you tried to connect the 2 trouble cameras to the other solar panels to see if the error is still there & vice versa.