Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
chrisyeung
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I got it on Jan 2018. As yesterday Nov 6, 2018. I start to loss any image recording from noon.

The motion sensor work except no image recording.

No live image.

Firmware is up-to-date recently.

Was this because of the firmware?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check your modes and schedule to make sure an appropriate mode is set for that time?

chrisyeung
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is not schedule. It was working fine even after firmware updated.

The only things I have not done is to remove the base station on my profile. I am concern if I remove the base station (which it is completely remove), all my member access would need to re-create.

Till now, I test the camera connect to base station with Sync button in both (base station and camera) work.

If I connect the camera via the web page, the camera cannot read the QCode at all.

As above, I belive that the camera have disable the lens or hardware failure.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The wireless cameras don't use QR codes.

chrisyeung
Aspirant
Aspirant

As per response.

1: Create a new account from Arlo

2: Reset the base station to factory default

3: Use the previous account to estiblish base station and than add camera via the apps.(Don't use sync button in both to sync)

4: Once it is confrim and remove all device and reset the base station again

5: Logon with previous admin account

6: Remove any device and start again with step 2 above.

PS: on adding the camera, it will take a long times and re-try. I have retry over 10 times before I could get add back to the base station.

It is not the firewall issue as mention on the website discussion from time to time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@chrisyeung

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support

chrisyeung
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Thank you for this.

I try the link and not response.

I had approached (calling my dealer support) to Arlo support and first, they responsed me with the standard answer. It was the firewall blocked.

I then brounght the device ffor test with different internet provider and regions. The result was the same.

Later, I called again and they told me to switch user account to register again.

The above step was the one I simulated and solve the issue I see.