Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Questions about motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sheila13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera seems slow to notice anything.  

Should sound be on?

what is a yellow man?

does the app have to be active to get a notice?

what part of the camera notices the motion? -- center eye?, right light that blinks when syncing, or the hole to the left of center?

Is live chat available?

Is there a way to request a call?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera seems slow to notice anything.  placement is important to allow good response, the Pro is pretty good re the response time

There is and adjustment for sense level too

Should sound be on? Only if you want it...toggle on or off your choice

what is a yellow man? Yellow Man is the icon that shows the camera is recording , Black is is motion detect on, gray is off

does the app have to be active to get a notice? No the app doesn't need be on , but motion detect must be to send a push or email when triggered

what part of the camera notices the motion?  bottom black area below the lens...it covers the entire field of view

Is live chat available?  Yes if you mean to Netgear... via the CONTACT SUPPORT page ( button at top or bottom of page ), also email and phone

Is there a way to request a call?  answer just above, same answer

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera seems slow to notice anything.  placement is important to allow good response, the Pro is pretty good re the response time

There is and adjustment for sense level too

Should sound be on? Only if you want it...toggle on or off your choice

what is a yellow man? Yellow Man is the icon that shows the camera is recording , Black is is motion detect on, gray is off

does the app have to be active to get a notice? No the app doesn't need be on , but motion detect must be to send a push or email when triggered

what part of the camera notices the motion?  bottom black area below the lens...it covers the entire field of view

Is live chat available?  Yes if you mean to Netgear... via the CONTACT SUPPORT page ( button at top or bottom of page ), also email and phone

Is there a way to request a call?  answer just above, same answer

sheila13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Tom,

Where do I set the sense adjusttment?

And where do I set this: " motion detect must be to send a push or email when triggered"

I'll try the chat and/or call on Monday -- perhaps no answer as this is the weekend.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

FAQs are your friend... https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Smart-Home-Security/ct-p/Arlo#    ( down page half way, title bar )

Where do I set the sense adjusttment?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Ar...

And where do I set this: " motion detect must be to send a push or email when triggered"

In MODE, means must be ARMED otherwise there are no trigger events (motion detected ) and no alerts

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-set-up-notifications-or-alerts/ta-p/10...

sheila13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tom, thanks for all your clarifications -- all has been helpful.

I now am trying to learn how to set a mode so I can record for more than 10 seconds.  I did view a video that explained this, but now cannot find it.  Would you happen to have a link to that.

And, re:  the other question I posted about the fatal error message -- 

Still getting Fatal error message on Mac Air and iPad --   now on hold for a phone call -- hopefully this will help.

Thanks for your help.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-adjust-Arlo-video-recording-length/ta-...

all in the FAQs...

If the fatal error was late last night/ this morning...the servers were down causing issues