Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
FancyMonkey
Guide
Guide

Since the update my Arlo Pro wireless cameras completely drain every 3 days. Normally they last 2-3 months depending on activity. I contacted Arlo Support and they didn't know. I power cycled the hub, removed and re-synced the cameras, and still no help. I have a 1Gbs connection at my location so speed or connectivity are not an issue. It only started after the firmware update and Arlo Support has no solution, and says it must be some other issue, even after trying all their suggestions.

33 REPLIES 33
privateryry
Aspirant
Aspirant

*update on my issue concerning battery drain...

I tried working with Arlo support to resolve the issue. All they will do is refer me to a link on how to extend battery life. What a waste of time. My system is now trash and will have to find an alternative. Thanks Arlo, I will be sure not recommend your products to others.

wanti
Aspirant
Aspirant

i guess it a software problem. On arlo application it says battery died but ifttt widgets works perfectly

pilotkev
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. About to throw these things away. All four of my cameras started having battery problems on the same day. This isn't a battery issue this is a software issue! 

psantry
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks, it seems to be OK now. I restarted the base, and pulled the battery from the camera prior to recharging and now it's holding a charge. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

CCNE37
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have just experienced something similar in the last day.

On 24 September 2020 I had one of my Pro 2 cameras drop from 56% to dead flat (no life at all) overnight. Since that camera requires a tall ladder to get to I swapped it with a battery from an inside camera and fully charged both batteries. I have been checking the battery levels daily since then, and both batteries were good.

Yesterday morning my 5 cameras were - the 3x Pro 2 were 96%, 89%, and 76%, and the 2x original Arlo 720P were 69% and 28%. The original Arlos run with NiteCore RCR123 rechargables.

This morning I got a battery warning message for one of the old original Arlo cameras which was the lowest yesterday. I thought it seemed a bit sudden, but not too far out.

When I checked this morning my 5 cameras were - the 3x Pro 2 were 96%, 88%, and 76%, and the 2x original Arlo 720P were 69% and 23%.

I have just got a warning message for my other original Arlo, so I went in to check since it was 69% this morning (and has been disabled all day). My 5 cameras are right now - the 3x Pro 2 were 56%, 49%, and 53%, and the 2x original Arlo 720P were 14% and 12%.

So all 5 of my cameras (3 outdoors & 2 indoors) have dropped dramatically (2 of them by 40% and one by 55%) within 8 hours during the day. It is worth noting that as per my Arlo schedule only one of the 5 cameras has even been active today - the other 4 were disabled (because I have been at home all day). The one camera that was active has had 4 videos totaling 74 seconds.

What are the chances of ALL 5 cameras (2 different generations of camera, indoor and outdoor, and mostly disabled) suddenly losing almost half their battery in one day ? Something at Arlo's end is causing this - it cannot be battery or camera failure across all 5 of them !

My base station appears to be OK, and everything is working as it should (apart from the "usual" pixelation and rubbish quality that I have had to get accustomed to).

wanti
Aspirant
Aspirant

In addition i noticed that when the battery is full the blue led on camera dont light up. (Its on on the app)

bigbundy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I came digging on these forums as all of a sudden noticed the battery drain issue on my Arlo Pro cameras. They have been solid for years. So clearly a major issue Arlo has introduced, is there any guidance on how to resolve this?

Also my Arlo Pro Floodlight live streaming has been terrible, again while I have only had this camera a few months all of sudden live streams either load quickly or not at all. The Floodlight is connected to a solar panel which normally keeps battery at full charge, I have just noticed it is now at 50% as well...what is going on!?

Do I need to bin all my Alro devices for another platform??

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If anyone is still having problems where their battery is still draining on their Arlo Pro/Pro 2 camera, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.