Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All of a sudden goes offline. When accessed through main router, shows connected but not displaying.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jake2Canoes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unit keeps dropping offline.  It was working just fine then all of a sudden offline.  I have it cabled to a ethernet port on my router extender.  If I access my main router I see it connected but it is not displaying that in the app or the LEDs.  Internet light off.  If I unplug the extender and plug back in it will work (go on line) but will drop out again anytime later.  I did a reboot while plugged into router  extender thinking that may work.  It did not.  Still dropped out after a while.  Suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the base's LEDs showing when "offline"?

Jake2Canoes
Aspirant
Aspirant

All green (3 LED's) with the exception of the internet connection icon.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's confusing - you imply all 3 are green and then exempt the Internet LED. Assuming you mean that power and Camera LEDs are green but the Internet one is either off or amber (which one - it makes a difference?) the system is indeed offline. Off means no communication with the router, even on an electrical basis while amber means connection with the router but not the servers which likely is something beyond your network is broken, at least temporarily.