Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro: Motion Detection every minute

Discussion stats
MaddenFinn
Initiate
Initiate
Our four Arlo Pro cameras are detecting motion by the minute (currently dark out) regardless of lowering the sensitivity. We tested one by putting it in a closed drawer and it too detected motion every minute. Have we bought a dud or is the Arlo a dud? We had a break in this week and would like the Arlo to give us security but right now it's giving us more problems.
34 REPLIES 34
DimplesMcCree
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tagging for update. Same issue here, brand new system just bought today. I hope it gets fixed soon or I'm switching to Ring.
aapete
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am very frustrated with this problem. I DO NOT have time to troubleshoot for hours, and I need this system to work! I have already been through the RMA process for one faulty camera- I had to pay shipping for a camera that was faulty from initial purchase! I will not do the RMA process again. I WILL NOT recommend this system to anyone, unless ARLO gets this bug worked out.

Justcliff
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here. If I contact Arlo, will they ask me to ship the camera back at my expense? If that's the case I will return the entire set up and reorder another.
aapete
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had one camera that wouldn't work at all (out of 4). Their RMA process (return mechandise authorization) had me ship the camera (paid for by me), then sent me another one (paid for by them). What I got is this faulty camera. I have switched locations, tried various things. It seems to be related to the night vision setting. Software problem? REALLY FRUSTRATING.
grdailey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried everyting that has been suggested online and thus far still have the problem!  It may well be a firmware issue but I don't know why it does not effect every camera as the other four are working fine.  I may need to ge into this "experimental" status as well.  I will follow your progress

Justcliff
Tutor
Tutor
I'm going to take them all back and buy something else. I do understand that issues happen, but this seems to happen to many. I would expect better quality assurance for the price and I will not pay for shipping to return a fault unit at my cost. Everything is going back to Costco for a full refund.
techie61
Aspirant
Aspirant
It looks like the last firmware update was bad. Go to settings under my devices and watch the position mode and motion detection test go busy every minute. It generates and bad motion detection message for all of us. And it will record for whatever duration you have set for each camera. Hopefully one of the technicians sees this message!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

techie61,

I have not been able to replicate this behavior. Are your cameras Armed and being triggered by motion? It sounds like your cameras are detecting motion as expected while you are attempting to use the motion detection test feature. 

JamesC

techie61
Aspirant
Aspirant
No James it's not detecting motion. It is just as I stated in my previous message. I was having a absolutely zero problems until the last firmware update!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

techie61,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC