Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
DebbiG
Follower
Follower

Hello,

I have the Arlo Pro with 4 cameras, and the system had been working great. however in the last 48 hours the camera covering the driveway and front half of my house is missing almost all motion. It barely catches the cars driving by or people walking and biking like it used to. My system is set to armed, and the running man is black and it is set at 80 like it has been. All the other cameras are working great, but of course one of the most important is missing everything. Appreciate the help.

I have the VMB4000 and my firmware says it is up to date with 1.10.0.8_22190

thanks, Debbi

98 REPLIES 98
MartinIan
Star
Star

Hi

Over the past few weeks my cameras have stopped detecting motion and hence recording. I have rebooted the base station and each time I do motion detection comes back for maybe a hour and then stops.

The little running man is showing in black. Is there a setting I can check or anything else that could be causing this. Until I noticed it had stopped working, it ran well.

History - I have the cameras connected to solar panels. The cameras are both well charged. I did swap the camera around as one was not charging - once I swapped them around they both charge well. I think it's been since I did this that the motrion detection has stopped working.

Cheers

Martin

steve_t
Master Master
Master

What motion sensitivity setting are the cameras set at?

MartinIan
Star
Star

Cameras set to optimized

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sorry, motion sensitivity in the rule. Not the video quality setting

mcgreen1966
Star
Star

Hi please see my post, this has happened to me since the may firmware update 😞

Regards

Mark

MartinIan
Star
Star

I don't believe I have any rules/filters set up. Just default. Under filter the cameras are set as ANY, no other checks. Should motion be checked under filters?

MartinIan
Star
Star

Thanks Mark.

Will continue to monitor to see if any changes in firmware

MartinIan
Star
Star

Just upped the sensitivity to 100%. I'll keep you posted if that has made any difference

Cheers

MartinIan
Star
Star

Worked for 7 minutes yesterday. t\Then all back to no recording

mcgreen1966
Star
Star

If you just dis arm and re arm the cameras does that make them start working again ?

Thanks

Mark

MartinIan
Star
Star

Nope. Tried resetting yesterday. Adjusted motion sensativity to 100%. Cameras start working immediately, work for 10, maybe 15 minutes and that was the last recording. Funny because I purchased these for security reasons and have no security. Impossible to reach Netgear. I'm really dissappointed. I'm in IT and recommend Netgear Routers all the time. Guess this may make me think again.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Since all else has failed, try a factory reset. Then add the base station. Then sync the cameras. Then recreate your custom modes and rules. See how you get on

MartinIan
Star
Star

Relunctantly will try all this. Seems to me with all the complaints I've seen on this topic, the Firware upgrade is maybe the issue. Anyway will try tonight. How do I achieve a factory reset of the base station and the cameras?

Thanks

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Go  into the app and remove the cameras. Then, with the base station still powered on, hold a paperclip etc in the reset hole on the back of the unit until the power LED changes from green to amber. Wait for the power LED and internet LED to go green. Then go into the app and add device and add the base station. Then go through the camera sync process again

MartinIan
Star
Star

Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes

GoalSecurity
Tutor
Tutor

Any feedback on if the reset had any effect on your problem? I've been having issues with zones too, after them seeming to work okay for a bit. Your experience with the reset would be helpful to know.

MartinIan
Star
Star

Have not had time to try it yet. Will let you know if it works in a day or two

Cheers

KenGirloy
Tutor
Tutor

In the last few weeks I set a reminder on my Mac everyday to see if Arlo gets videos. About 60% it doesn't get videos. I restarted the base station and restarted the router yesterday and today no videos. My wireless base station firmware version is 1.10.0.8_22190 and my cams version is 1.2.21616. So what happened?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KenGirloy,

Can you give a little more detail about what you're experiencing? What mode do you have your Arlo system set to (Armed, Disarmed, Custom)? If you walk in front of the cameras as a test, is motion detected?

JamesC

KenGirloy
Tutor
Tutor

It is on a Schedule, only one cam is armed so I set the motion to be higher at night. It always worked a few weeks ago. Earlier today when someone walked in front of the cam, no notification and no video in the library. Later I had to restart my base station twice and used a cam to record a video, it worked and made a video in the library. 

I do have the base connected to my Samsung SmartThings hub, but it always worked so I didn't restart the hub or restart my router today, but I rarely restart the hub or the router.

Thanks.

-Ken

KenGirloy
Tutor
Tutor

Update, in the last few days my wireless base station only works about 0% each day.

Not sure what happened, but I had to restart the base station more than 5 times each day, I shut down my brouser restart my Mac, and about 10% they work.

Does anyone have an email for Arlo support, I can't speak, so I can't call?

Thanks.

-Ken

KenGirloy
Tutor
Tutor

Just so people know, I manually added a video to the library today and I saw it was in the library, then I deleted it. Later I set the front door cam motion sensitives to 100%, before it was 74%, so it would make a video in the library, but it didn't make it, and I know someone knocked on the door.

Sorry I keep responding, but I want people to know what I tried.

-Ken

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@KenGirloy wrote:

Does anyone have an email for Arlo support, I can't speak, so I can't call?

There's no email support but there is chat, which is text-based.

Deosola
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo cameras.  One in the garage, one by front door and one in the backyard.  Due to the heat we have in the summer, my garage temps having dropped below 80s in months.  I would say that in the last month or so, my motion detection in the garage is poor at best. . .and usually can't detect all but motions closest to the camera.

Now my backyard cam is having issues.  I will admit that it has been hot (90s and 100s).  

Are the cameras ability to detect a result of outside temperature?

Terry