Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Russelletaylor
Tutor
Tutor

Just added the VMC4030.  It listens just fine, but when I try to speak through it (from my iphone), i get the Mic Icon with the message "Your camera speaker is diabled.  Go to Camera Settings to enable."Arlo Screen.jpg

When I go to the Arlo settings for that device it shows that they are on?

What am I missing?

RT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Russelletaylor
Tutor
Tutor
Going back to my 10:02 comment, Intried it again and got the same message and icon. However, I tried it anyway (I did on previous attempts as well, just not after the latest update). and it took me to the permissions screen and now it all works. Thanks everyone

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the APP has permissions granted to allow mic use  ... not in the settiings of Arlo but in the app manager for the phone

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Russelletaylor
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks....UNfortunately that doesnt seem to be an option...also, the function does work from my PC

Arlo Screen1.jpg

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

You are missing both Location and Microphone. Reinstall the app.

Russelletaylor
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks, reinstalled, but the same result. App is V 2.4.0

There is no toggle for Arlo mic access in the iOS Privacy settings either, running iOS 10.3.1

Mic function works from PC
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

I have a 6s with 10.3.1 and have both settings.

arlo_1.JPG

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Russelletaylor,

This would definitely seem to be a permissions issue as mentioned above by jcwrks, you need to have microphone (and location for other features) toggled to allow the Arlo mobile app access.

Do you happen to have another iOS device you could test your system with to see if you get the same behavior?

JamesC

Russelletaylor
Tutor
Tutor

So...my wifes iphone 6 plus has the mic toggles and seems to work....except that you can listen, but once you push the mic button and talk, after releasing the mic button you can no longer listen...this function works correctly from my PC....another issue for another post

By to my 6s...no change...arlo app does not seem to be requestng access to the mic (as it did on the other phone.  No mic sttings in the app settings, and none in the privcy settings.  Clearly a permissions issue but cant seem to get to the point where permission is requested

Reinstalled the app...versions match the other phone...running latest ios

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app is now available. Please make sure you update to the latest version from the App Store. See here for details: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.1 - 24th May 2017

JamesC

KK619
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

i appear to to be having the same or very similar issue. The mic icons are not showing when I go to live mode even though I have mics turned on in the audio settings.  On my iPhone, I don't have the mic toggle option. They were there and working fine when I initially set up the app a few days ago but are not there now. This is happening on my iPhone 7, my iPad Air 2, and my wife's iPhone 6s. I'm running Arlo version 2.4.2 and iOS 10.3.2. I can see the mics on my pc; it's only an issue with my mobile devices. Has anyone been able to figure this out?

Thanks in advance. 

Keven

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

KK619 wrote:

Hello,

i appear to to be having the same or very similar issue. The mic icons are not showing when I go to live mode even though I have mics turned on in the audio settings.  On my iPhone, I don't have the mic toggle option. They were there and working fine when I initially set up the app a few days ago but are not there now. This is happening on my iPhone 7, my iPad Air 2, and my wife's iPhone 6s. I'm running Arlo version 2.4.2 and iOS 10.3.2. I can see the mics on my pc; it's only an issue with my mobile devices. Has anyone been able to figure this out?

Thanks in advance. 

Keven

It's an app issue, and there are half a dozen or more threads about it on the first page.

KK619
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks!!

SimonKFKwok
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, may I know how to solve it?  FYI, I am using 2.4.2 version.

SimonKFKwok
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you solve the problem?

KK619
Tutor
Tutor

It was an issue with the last Arlo update for iPhones (iOS). The NETGEAR team is working on it so just watch out for the next update. Should be some time this week. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SimonKFKwok,

Consider uninstalling the app and download  fresh version. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Russelletaylor
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks everyone for all of the comments

Just uninstalled and installed the latest update, 2.4,2 and it still says the mic in not enabled

It's a bummer
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Try and Update your iOS and Tmobile Carrier.. My Tmobile firmware is 28.4.. I think this is the latest.. see if that helps..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Russelltaylor,

Is the mute switch enabled on your iOS device? (the physical mute switch located on the side of the phone).

If so, toggle the switch and test. Do you still see the same error message?

JamesC

Russelletaylor
Tutor
Tutor
Going back to my 10:02 comment, Intried it again and got the same message and icon. However, I tried it anyway (I did on previous attempts as well, just not after the latest update). and it took me to the permissions screen and now it all works. Thanks everyone
KK619
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, it worked this time. Thanks!