Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Is Not Recording At Night.

Discussion stats
Jksloan
Tutor
Tutor

We have the camera in the front of the house, we have all the modes set, we are not on a schedule, we can see the activity live, we increase the sensitivity but the camera will not activate and record the motion.

91 REPLIES 91
jerseylil
Tutor
Tutor

Spot on.  I have given up - support just stops replying.   This system was a very expensive mistake.

jerseylil
Tutor
Tutor

I agree 100%.  Support just stops responding.  I have spent a fortune on this - complete waste of money.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

ttfischer
Tutor
Tutor

I have taken batteries out of each, I have re-synched, I have restarted, I have checked all the settings (which have been the same from the beginning). Tonight I am going to start everything from scratch as if it just came out of the box but I am frustrated and tired of dealing with this. It was working fine. On New Years Eve I went out and walked around our vehicles and it didn't register movement or alert at all. 

ttfischer
Tutor
Tutor

I would like to add that I just checked and now neither front camera recored my husband or I leaving for work this morning. It was light and there is a camera over the front door and the the driveway.

wondering1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Honestly sounds like your system is experiencing a different issue from this thread.
ttfischer
Tutor
Tutor

actually all the pages before are the same issues

wondering1
Aspirant
Aspirant
If your system is not recording even during the day, in light, then that would be consistent with other threads.
Seg-glider
Tutor
Tutor

Been using it for about 9 month. 2 outside cameras are with permanent power. They both stop at about 11 pm and start at about 5 AM. Once in a while they will have a recording in between. Have re-booted base and cameras 50 time.

No Help;

Arlo sent me one exchange replacement camera; No Help

I Had the setting at "Armed", created a custom setting and set it up to record at all times when motion is detected. Sensitivity set to 100%  -------- NO Help;

I have installed a timer at base station to power of the base station at 1 Am and immediately turn the base station back on (after one minute). So base Station is getting re-booted every day;  --- again No Help 

I have spend so much time with this that it aggravates me just to think about it. 

I know this is not a random issue. A lot of people have this. A whole lot of people just don't even know about that their camera is not recording most event at night ..

Too bad Arlo cant get this fixed.. Will keep it a bit longer and if nothing gets done... well it will go back to Costco...

ttfischer
Tutor
Tutor

There are a lot of people who seem to be expieriencing this. I still believe it came with their update over the summer. Amazing that its mainly at night. 

wondering1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Seg-glider, how do your live/manual recordings look at night?

So far, our Arlo Pro system with VMB4000r3 base is still recording at night as of overnight on December 27-28, 2019.
Redbear6
Tutor
Tutor

I love everything about my system except it will not record at night, effectively making it worse than useless (and expensive). Is there a place we can post warning others to not buy Arlo systems? 

bibsoconner
Tutor
Tutor

I replied to this thread August 3rd, 2019 AND started my own thread AND contacted Customer support.  Nothing!  At this point, it should be clear to new folks to return their Arlos pronto!  For the rest of us, a civil discussion on good camera systems (hardwired or battery) would be worthwhile.  I'll run power if I have to.  I WON'T buy another Arlo and I'll warn folks against buying it.  It's garbage!

My specs:

HW Version H7
Serial Number 4N71697X381BC
Firmware 1.3.319
bibsoconner
Tutor
Tutor

I'd further add that having Arlo representatives continually repeat "Have you tried rebooting" is not only not helpful, but actually very annoying.  I have no doubt that Arlo can easily reproduce this bug.  They should admit it's a bug and fix it or refund customer the purchase price!

jerseylil
Tutor
Tutor

I've removed and replaced all the batteries.  I've deleted all the cameras and added them again.  I've even bought a second base station.  Neither base station records between midnight and dawn.

Boss281
Luminary
Luminary
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Same here.. Mine is intermittent mostly in the morning and afternoon.. This may be a Server issue from Arlo at different times or a Firmware bug they released.. Hopefully there's a fix soon..