Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
s_totty
Guide
Guide
I have just replaced an Arlo standard camera at the front of my property with an Arlo Pro. I currently run a four camera system of the Pro, a Q and two Arlo cameras. Although I'm happy with the wider view point of the Pro - the night vision is awful and a recognisable face shot is impossible. Never had a problem with the standard Arlo camera and it's mounted in exactly the same position. The infrared lifts on the Pro do seem less visible that those of the standard Arlo. Is this a faulty camera, or a resolvable glitch?
8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know what the issue is but usu not user fixable... can say the Pro's have a wider fields of IR light compared to the original Arlo, and IMO better.

( PRO may not penetrate as deep compared to some Arlos , but Pro is def wider )

Two examples camera is 6 ft off ground same location, small stump in center is about 25ft+ away

PRO

PROnight.jpg

ARLO

nightwoods.jpg

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

s_totty,

You might consider swapping the camera with another that is behaving as expect to see if you get the same results with a different camera.

JamesC

nlokeva
Guide
Guide

Are you using any skins?

s_totty
Guide
Guide
Hummm seems the other way round re the IR for me?
s_totty
Guide
Guide
The Arlo camera is fine when placed in exactly the same position?
s_totty
Guide
Guide
Yes - using the exact same mount.
s_totty
Guide
Guide
No skins.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

s_totty,

Consider posting a screenshot from the Arlo Pro point of view with night vision enabled. This might help us determine if what you are experiencing is expected or not.

JamesC