Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Apokrinomai
Initiate
Initiate

Woke up, and disarmed the my arlo pro system with the app.

When I walked downstairs, I set it off! When I ran upstairs, the app confirmed it was "disarmed". I tried to "arm" and "disarm" again. It threw an error. I tried to turn off the siren with the app, but there was no button. I had to physically unplug the arlo base station.

Why would this happen? How can I avoid this in the future?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

going to assume you shut it off with your phone.... ios or android ?

Sometimes ( I see it every now and then ) some phones go to sleep re the wifi during non use( setting in phone )... if I attempt to disarm my system while the phone is switching from LTE to wifi ( when I pick up the phone , S7 btw ) i can introduce a sort of glitch as the phones switching service ... and the command doesn't go thru.

So make sure the phone is awake on your home wifi before issue of commands ... only takes a few sec to insure.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Apokrinomai
Initiate
Initiate

TomMac, thanks. 

If that's the case then it's a webservice communication bug, which should be tolerant of disconnects and hiccups. The app should wait for confirmation from the hub before saying it's disarmed... that's probaby what it does wait for when it says "Setting mode..." after you press "disarm" or "arm".

Are you able to induce this behavior at will?

I really don't like waking my wife and kids unnecessarily!

TomMac wrote:

going to assume you shut it off with your phone.... ios or android ?

Sometimes ( I see it every now and then ) some phones go to sleep re the wifi during non use( setting in phone )... if I attempt to disarm my system while the phone is switching from LTE to wifi ( when I pick up the phone , S7 btw ) i can introduce a sort of glitch as the phones switching service ... and the command doesn't go thru.

So make sure the phone is awake on your home wifi before issue of commands ... only takes a few sec to insure.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You should be able to turn the alarm off by pressing the button on top of the base.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, can't reproduce at will....

but I can usu see it happen as the command states it didn't go, I then drop out of app and come back to see that it did.

Not exactly like yr issue , but the closest I've see to your problem in the couple year of running arlo

As mentioned tho above , the button should turn off alarm if your nearby

if it happens again, at very least, I'd remove and reinstall the app and do a power button reboot of base ( off then back on )

Morse is faster than texting!