Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using one email address for multiple accounts/locations

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Eri1969
Follower
Follower

We are using several Arlo base stations but how do we use these under 1 email account. We are currently using 3 Arlo stations in 3 different locations but we have 3 different emails set up. We would like 1 email with say 6 different Arlo base stations.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Gran Access from 2 of the 3 to the 3rd account's email address. That way all 3 will show up in one login once the invitation emails are completed.

Avondave
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you ever figure out how to have 3 locations under one account/email address? I am trying to set up 3 six camera systems using my only email address, and I can’t figure it out!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your first problem is 6 cameras total - that requires either 2 accounts or a paid subscription that allows more than the basic free plan's 5 cameras.

Since you have 3 locations, you probably already have one system set up and working. At a second location, get things ready and use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the second base and then sync the cameras.  Same thing for the 3rd location.

If you want to stay with the free plan, you'll need to create a second account so that at least one base and one camera is on that account. Then use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first one's email address, selecting the various cameras needed as well as adding access rights. Follow the directions in the email sent to the first account's email address so all cameras are viewed in that one login.

Boomer_1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same issue. It would make things much easier and consistent with other products to just allow you to setup multiple sites in one account. For example site1, site2, site3 etc. This is what most of the Home Automation products I am using are doing these days.  That allows you to create profiles that include both sites or just keep them separate and view them individually. Normally the second account is used to authorize another family member or spouse etc access to the cameras or function. Is there a specific reason not to do this?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Boomer_1

I have multiple sites in one account. Each base station acts as a different site regardless of its geographic position; the two bases could be in one house or one base in one building and another base across the other side of the world. Each site is individually controllable ie you can set different modes for each.
I have different profiles that I grant access to and each profile can see any camera I grant access to.
The problem that the OP and possible you are having is the limit of 5 cameras on one account if you only use the free subscription plan. The number of base stations, and thus sites, on one account is unlimited. You're limited by the number of cameras