Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Charging Fault

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RHARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro Camera VMC4030, AC Adapter AD2085320, battery A-1

I keep getting a charging fault with instructions to read articles. I have tried removing battery, unplugging the cable from camera, and from the wall in various combinations, turning off the camera by my arlo app, still showing charge fault. I am using original packaged cables, ac adapter, and camera, and battery pack. I am down to 29%.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RHARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not have another camera and didn’t want to throw my money away ordering things that may not help. Tried several solutions, all failed. My solution, I moved the camera to another location, removed the battery, and leave it plugged into an electric socket.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@RHARLO wrote:

Arlo Pro Camera VMC4030, AC Adapter AD2085320, battery A-1

I keep getting a charging fault with instructions to read articles. I have tried removing battery, unplugging the cable from camera, and from the wall in various combinations, turning off the camera by my arlo app, still showing charge fault. I am using original packaged cables, ac adapter, and camera, and battery pack. I am down to 29%.

If you have another Arlo Pro, try swapping batteries.   If the problem doesn’t move with the battery to the other camera, try swapping the charger and cable between cameras.  If, after that, the original camera with a different battery and different charger and cable, still fails to charge, you have a bad camera.

RHARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not have another camera and didn’t want to throw my money away ordering things that may not help. Tried several solutions, all failed. My solution, I moved the camera to another location, removed the battery, and leave it plugged into an electric socket.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you don't want to spend the money, why on earth don't you contact support for a warranty claim?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx