Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Geo2007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know that the recommended temperature range is to -20c. I was chatting with an agent and asked if there was a way to use the camera in colder temperatures. I was told that if I removed the battery and plugged it in directly, that it would work I tested it at -27c and the camera would live stream but I did not get notifications. I am not sure if it was the way the camera was aimed, or if it just will not perform in colder weather. Can I be confident that the camera will still operate completely while plugged in if the temperature is -30c?
We are finally having signs of spring, so I will not have another opportunity to test it at those temperatures until next year but I want to make sure it will work year round before I permanently install them.

4 REPLIES 4
Geo2007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess the question is, is the temperature range because the battery will not preform in cold weather or is it a limitation on the camera itself? If it is the camera, I am hooped. I want to use this system, but if I can't have a work around for the cold weather, I can only use it for a portion of the year. I tried using it through a window, but the mostion sensors don't work through glass.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Notifications are based on recordings. DId you get recordings in the library? Have you checked that an appropriate mode is selected to enable recordings.

Geo2007
Aspirant
Aspirant

There wasn't a recording, but I had not changed any settings since it had recorded earlier in the day when it was a balmy -17c. At -27c I walked past the camera.

This one incident doesnt concern me this much, but just  wondering if the system will work as I described

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't done this with a Pro but it works fine with an Ultra camera that's plugged in (with battery in this case).