Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How To Remove Previous Owners Connected Emails/Phone?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BulletNat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have acquired a coffee shop with Arol Pro but cannot find how to remove the two previous owners emails from it when it gets triggered. The 'My Arlo' profile has my info in it, but I don't see how/ where their emails are connected. Please help

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The email addresses would typically be found in the rules for each camera. However, if you had to set the system up fresh, using your own email address, the rules should be brand new without any additional ones in there.  Did the previous owners remove the system from their account(s)? 

BulletNat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I dont see their emails just mine. So, thats why I am confused. However, when the alarm was triggered two nights ago they received notification to their emails. I didn't set up the camera fresh, we just changed the profile info to mine as there was no downtime in buisiness from one day to the next. We thought it was a simple change over.  They just confirmed that they went through the app and cleared their account in hopes that will help. I would think so, as I thought they had cleared the app from their end two weeks ago when we took possession. So frustrating.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The best thing to do is to have them remove everything in their account in Settings, My Devices. Then you need to set up the system as if you had just bought it. Assuming you're not using yoour own email address to log in, use the app (or web browser, whatever you've been using) and select New to Arlo. Create an account with Arlo and claim the base. Sync the cameras. Set it up the way you want/need with modes/rules and schedule (there are FAQs here to step you throgh the process) so you are the one in complete control.