Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can no longer login via app or website. Cameras currently useless. UK

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pitufo
Aspirant
Aspirant

vmb4000 with pro cameras

I can't log in via app or website. App just says "Arlo is currently unavailable, please try again later". I can't log in via the website either  myArlo just takes me to a non-secure page with non-functioning login.

I've tried obvious things like resetting base station.

Is there some kind of fault with the servers at the moment?

Customer support (chat) has been useless. It just disconnects instantly and then sends me an email how good the customer support was.

System has always worked well up until a couple of weeks ago. Obviously my property is currently not secure because of this fault.

4 REPLIES 4
Pitufo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally managed to contact chat support after finding another post on here telling me to connect in incognito mode via chrome.

Chat will not work with Firefox.

Customer service chat very helpful.I also tried telephone support but it is a painful system of menus - I gave up after around menu number six..

Chat recommended a password reset - this partially worked and means I can now access cameras via website.

App still not working. I tried deleting and reinstalling as recommended and even restarted the phone.

Website working is at least something... I will continue with the app to see I can get anywhere...

kanhaiya
Aspirant
Aspirant

What model phone are you using? I have an android Samsung S8 with Knox enabled for my work email and the app doesnt work. If I remove my work related config from knox, the app works fine.

Bigdog123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pitufo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your answers.

After a bit of tinkering, I seem to have things working again. It seemed to be something to do with the network/router which did not like either the Arlo website or App and was constantly giving "Not secure" warnings. No settings had been changed, so I'm not sure why it decided to become uncooperative.

I updated the firmware on the ASUS router and this seems to have fixed the problem.