Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
An6y
Aspirant
Aspirant
Only one of my cameras now won’t sync after resetting my hub. It powers up and the blue sync light blinks when I press Sync on the camera. The app or syncing from the hub itself fails to find the camera however. The Arlo support line suggests it is faulty. Any advise on getting it repaired would be much appreciated as Arlo/Netgear don’t offer aftercare support outside of warranty in the U.K.
10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @An6y

Have you tried pairing from the web portal as well? Does your hub have a blinking Blue

light as well?

An6y
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, tried pairing via the website also. The camera powers up and the blue light blinks as if it is syncing but the app, hub and web portal doesn’t find the camera. It Arlo doesn’t offer a repair service, there should surely be a discount to purchase a replacement camera; especially so soon after my warranty ended. It can’t be that a product of this cost from the Netgear brand be only made to last 2 years!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried removing and resyncin g the camera rather than just trying to resync?

An6y
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried to sync using the sync button on the hub and using the app and using the web portal. None of these find the camera. If the internet goes down or power source dies during an update, will the camera return to its previous firmware or is there a cold reset that can be performed ?
An6y
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat The camera has blue blinking light. The hub does not have blue lights. It has orange and green. The camera light blinks green which shows that the hub is searching / syncing with a camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat one is amber? That may be the real clue.

An6y
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat The camera light is Amber when no cameras are connected. Once I’ve synced another camera the camera light blinks green when attempting to sync the problem camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the Camera LED is amber, that means the base isn't claimed. You say you reset the system so you must first claim the base and then sync the cameras. Depending on how you reset, make sure all devices in Settings, My Devices are removed first.

An6y
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat That’s correct. I have removed the base station, reset the base station and then reconnected to the base station before attempting to sync each camera. I have synced each camera and they work as normal except the problem camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems like you've tried everything. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a possible hardware problem.