Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
RML8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 8 Arlo Pro cameras and 1 Arlo Pro 2 camera. If I charge them all on the same day, the Pro carmeras battery lives are from 64% to 77% and the Pro 2 camera is at 92% after 1 week. This problem just started a few months ago after the notice about the security update. All 9 camera used to lose their battery life at the same rate. I have swaped bateries around, tried best picture and all the other tips to save battery life even unistalling a camera & re-installing it. The lower resolution Pro cameras battery life lasts only 3-4 weeks even if the camera is disabled. Is anyone else having this issue?

10 REPLIES 10
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Lots of people. Apparently the firmware update they did only fixed it for certain models. Im not sure but lots of people complaining about same thing
RML8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would assume that netgear is aware of this and I hope they are working on a update for the Pro cameras. It's very aggrevating to keep having to charge 8 out of my 9 cameras every few weeks. Thanks.

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I doubt it. James c is telling everyone to contact support which is useless. The last update took over a month to come out
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

New firmware out today....... hopefully it helps you guys......

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Release-Notes-Arlo-Pro-Base-station-Arlo-Wir...

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Its pretty bad when your only source of information is another arlo user. Dozens of people complaining of major issues and not one peep from anyone affiliated with arlo/netgear. And support just denies anything is wrong its always something we the consumer did wrong. Truely comical
Hilrob
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there an actual phone support number in U.S.A.?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Hilrob,

How far are you cameras from the base station? What are the signal bars on the cameras?

Hilrob
Aspirant
Aspirant
The bars are good, showing a strong signal. The camera is well within the recommended 300 feet from the base station and modem.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Just remember 300 feet is if there is no interferance from other devies and if you have no walls, doors, windows, objects, tress, etc, in the path between the base and camera. Once you add just walls the range drops.