Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 base station unable to be "Discovered". Tried factoryt reset and power cycle.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Brentchap
Initiate
Initiate

I purchased an Arlo pro 2 with three cameras to replace the original arlo camera set that I have had for 3 years or so. I used the android  Arlo app to remove the existing base station in preparation of installing the new pro 2 base station and cameras. I followed the system startup guide, but it is not able to "discover" the base station with the phone app or web based online setup?

I have power cycled the router, base station, did the factory reset etc. all lights are solid green and the cameras are even synched up, but I cannot "add device" because it does not "see" the base station. I even plugged the old arlo base station that I have used for 3 years back into the wifi router and it is not able to be discovered either ??

I am out of ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brentchap
Initiate
Initiate

Fixed.......    needed to do the factory reset properly!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brentchap
Initiate
Initiate

Fixed.......    needed to do the factory reset properly!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, you're doing things out of order. You must claim the base to get anything to work properly. The fact that all 3 LEDs are green is the root of the problem - it thinks it's already claimed. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and let it reboot to green power and Internet LEDs. The Camera LED may be off or amber. Claim the base and then sync the cameras.