Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

Owing to one of our pet cats getting outside, we've been doing a lot of live viewing for the past few days whereupon we've learned that Arlo will only let you view for about ten minutes before bumping you off we suppose to limit bandwith usage.

However, a new problem has cropped up where trying to go live gets an instant time out on the PC web page and continuous 'connecting' message on the Android app. 

Refreshing the browser, rebooting the base station, rebooting the router and even the cable modem does nothing. 

However, taking the battery out of the camera and then replacing it does the trick. 

Anyone else having this probelm? 

175 REPLIES 175
johndegraff
Star
Star

I have the same problem - I can't log in at all from the computer as it tells me timed out or wants a flash player update that even when done doesn't help. On my phone it is hit and miss if I can log on anymore. I have checked to make sure everything is updated - have removed app - reset phone loaded app - reset phone and nothing seems to help sometimes I can log into the camera other times it times out and other times it just sits there connecting and never does.  I really wish we got some support here when we were having issues. 

antonleung
Star
Star
Now 3 out of 4 cameras show "connecting...", you don't have to do anything on your side because it doesn't make any different, it is their cloud service, it may work after half an hour later, also this Arlo company don't give a sh it about your complaint.
Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been complaining about problems with Arlo camera's for months now & so far they have offered me nothing.

If they cared about those that have purchased their product in good faith, they should at least have the decency to provide fed-back to our questions.....even if they have NO IDEA on how to fix these issues, which seems to be factual now.

I thought this was partly the reason why this forum was created, apart from spreading good ideas & stories.

One things for sure, I can guarantee those that monitor this site that I'm not a whinger......but I am NOW an expert on how to operate & set-up this camera after the number of times I've reset the bl00dy thing lately.

Lynkage
Guide
Guide

These are toys. These are not security products. However they are close in price to "Real" CCTV systems. I have been complaining about this issue since December of 2019. Customer support always tells me it's my internet connection or my wireless. If that was true all of them would stop. and your app/web would not connect. However I remotely monitor my computer systems and they always work. 

I have two separate systems 350 miles apart, 2 completely different ISP's. Customer support wants me to remove the battery and I tell them it's 350 miles away. One of the reps said "Okay I will wait for you to go take out the battery" Are you "F'in" kidding me? Why would you need a security system it you need to be there to babysit it? Besides, I have all of mine supplied with power and they still have issues. So add that piece of info to your troubleshooting.

Thankfully I just bought two 3 camera packs of pro 3's from Costco. Easy enough to return and buy a system that work all the time!

Sorry for all of the folks here in this thread. The support from this company is truly sub par. 

BUYER BEWARE!!

antonleung
Star
Star
The reboot or remove battery will only work for a while, their stupid cloud service was unreliable. Everyone please work together and put negative review on all online shopping website and make sure no one will buy this brand or system. They won't fix the live streaming problem if they don't have any pressure.
Lynkage
Guide
Guide

Unfortunately, there are to many people who don't look at the forums or even know they have an issue until it's to late! So any new users will be duped into buying this crap and will not find out until after they can no longer return them and get their money back.

BTW, the only camera that does not exhibit these issues, is my video doorbell. It is on the trial right now, I bet as soon as it ends next week, it too will fail!

Worthless expensive CRAP!

GusLopez
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also having issues going to live view. Sometimes it works. However more often then not it stops working and does endless connecting. Eventually I have to pull the battery out of the camera and it works again.

I tried, turning on and off the camera through the android app, doesn't respond. Tried rebooting base station but camera doesn't reconnect. Eventually only pulling out the battery reconnects. Kind of pointless since I use one of the cameras to watch my toddler, keep having to pull battery out.

Also camera shows full bars and works fine as long as I don't live view.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey GusLopez,

Have you tried using the web client on your computer to see if that helps?

schmulyank
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me too.  Happens all the time to both cameras - then after about 4-5 minutes the connecting screen goes dark and says "The device failed to connect.  Try aggain. [ OK ].  Useless.  I had been using the system with no problems like this for about a year.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi schmulyank,

Is this happening on the Arlo app on your phone device and/or on the web client on your computer?

GusLopez
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is happening on the app and on the website it's giving different message. When you log into arlo on a computer, at least w/ chrome browser, I get a different message "The Request Timed Out". 

Was working fine, then stopped working. Had to pull the battery out because the Infrared lights were on. So my guess is it froze up during a recording. 

Camera shows wifi stregnth as 3 and still even after pulling battery will not connect for last 12 minutes. The other day I gave up it eventually started working again hours later.

GusLopez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, I pulled out my usb card just to check the video to see what it last recorded and the time is off by 1 hour. Ex: last video shows 10pm EST, however it should be 9pm EST. I'm wondering if this is causing an issue. 

Arlo-error.png

pearsonchuck
Star
Star

Tired of time out issues. Don't want to hear about this update and that update. Just want them to work. Was not an issue for over a year.  Im done with Arlo and their constant list of new problems cropping up all the time.  Arlo - This will be the reason you go out of business. You can take a permanent "timed out" and RIP.

pearsonchuck
Star
Star

Tired of time out issues. Don't want to hear about this update and that update. Just want them to work. Was not an issue for over a year. Im done with Arlo and their constant list of new problems cropping up all the time. Arlo - This will be the reason you go out of business. You can take a permanent "timed out" and RIP.

pearsonchuck
Star
Star

Tired of time out issues. Don't want to hear about this update and that update. Just want them to work. Was not an issue for over a year. Im done with Arlo and their constant list of new problems cropping up all the time. Arlo - This will be the reason you go out of business. You can take a permanent "timed out" and RIP.

pearsonchuck
Star
Star

pearsonchuck
Star
Star

johndegraff
Star
Star

Please for the love of god stop posting this every minute - Arlo is not caring but you are spamming everyone in the community. I have 5 messages in less than 5 minutes. You may want Arlo to get your point but please be kind to the rest of us we all know they don't do much on this forum. I might suggest you look into the Anker brand camera as they seem to be reliable from what I have read about them and I am considering them as well. 

webster1
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is happening to my Arlo baby as well. I can get notifications, I can even toggle the LED on and off. But when I go to view the video I see “connecting” indefinitely.

This only began a few days ago as well.

When I reset the camera it will work for a few hours, then it will happen again.

Please help. The baby monitor is important to us.

We use the iPhone app.
pearsonchuck
Star
Star

Still having "request timed out issues*  as of March 2 2020. What causes it?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi webster1,

Does this also happen when checking on the web client on your computer? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app to see if that helps and does this affect when you're connected to WiFi and/or cellular data?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

antonleung
Star
Star
This stupid cloud live streaming service NOT working 95% of the time, it has nothing to do with your home internet, wifi connection or equipment. The problem was there long time ago. Arlo is not planning to fix their problem. Please let everyone know on social media not to buy this brand and product.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

My Arlo right now is like a "Dummy Camera".. I should have just bought the real "Dummy Camera". It's way cheaper..

Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote -

Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Unquote.

So what has the "Development Team" come up with, as this TIME-OUT issue is going to drive you out of business if you don't fix it shortly?