Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

Owing to one of our pet cats getting outside, we've been doing a lot of live viewing for the past few days whereupon we've learned that Arlo will only let you view for about ten minutes before bumping you off we suppose to limit bandwith usage.

However, a new problem has cropped up where trying to go live gets an instant time out on the PC web page and continuous 'connecting' message on the Android app. 

Refreshing the browser, rebooting the base station, rebooting the router and even the cable modem does nothing. 

However, taking the battery out of the camera and then replacing it does the trick. 

Anyone else having this probelm? 

175 REPLIES 175
Forrstbob
Initiate
Initiate

This is starting to happen more and more: I go to look at camera feed in live mode, camera says "connecting" indefinitely. I still get notifications of movement, but when I check the library I will have no new recordings for 1 hour+ after the notification. This will happen right after I have been able to connect and see the live feed and the library recordings, no problem. One minute it works, next I have to wait hours to be able to use it again. If this continues to be an issue I will replace with cameras from a different company.

Bud0301
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same issue but won’t go in live mode and goes offline all the time
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Forrstbob wrote:
This is starting to happen more and more: I go to look at camera feed in live mode, camera says "connecting" indefinitely. 

This could be a range issue.  How far is the camera from the base?  Does it happen if you move the camera into the same room as the base?

JapanUser
Initiate
Initiate

I have been experiencing the same thing. Very frustrating. What’s the point of having cameras if they don’t work. 

JapanUser
Initiate
Initiate

Unacceptable. I’m experiencing the same thing after a year or so of no issues. I restart it from the app and it will come back on like half the time. Sometimes I’m just restarting all day hopelessly. 

C0rez
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same issue - the camera is no more than 5 feet from the base station. This is frankly terrible service

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey JapanUser and C0rez,

Please contact the Support Team so they can investigate the issue you're experiencing. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

peebs
Guide
Guide

Happening to me too. [crickets]

The app is trash. I can only view my cameras on my phone 10-20% of the time. Awesome! What a great security system! Burglars come on in!

Seriously, anyone at Arlo (who actually gives a crap) reading this forum?

Anyone?

I didn't think so.

Try using Arlo's really outdated web site to connect and view your cameras. Once you fight with the Flash errors you may connect or maybe not. It is a crap shoot!

Terrible company, terrible product. What a waste of $500 on my part, to buy a so-called Arlo Security Camera System for my home.

Lissi1313
Guide
Guide

I am having a similar problem.  A couple of weeks ago I was getting the connecting error but after restarting the cameras that isn’t happening now.  A couple of days ago I was getting notifications that movement was detected, but there was no recording in the library.    After testing I found it wasn’t failing every time movement was detected, only sometimes.  Sometimes it records properly.   Also, when the problem happens the movement indicator in the app briefly turns to orange for a few seconds, but then goes back to black instead of staying orange and no recording is saved.  My cameras are set to record for 120 seconds when triggered.  It is very frustrating that the system cannot be relied upon.

Greg11111111111
Initiate
Initiate

I'm so so so angry myself. These cameras are crap. I get "The Request Timed Out," error message 60% of the time now.  Using web browser or the iOS app . 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Frustrating isn't it... This is an obvious bug that needs fix from Arlo that have started on the 1st week of Jan this yr. when these geniuses released an update on our Base.. You can troubleshoot all you want and yes it will work for a bit but it will come back randomly again.. For 2 Cam system may not be an issue but if for some of us who have 3 or more Cam System, Yes, it's a PITA...

Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi everybody. DO YOU GET THE FEELING THAT THIS COMPANY DOESN'T GIVE A RATS as they don't seem to offer any advice or solutions on these forums.

I've got 2 systems & this problem has been happening on both from time to time. It usually resets itself within 30 minutes before it happens again, but that's not good enough.

It only seems to happen on the laptop, not through the phone app.

Well now, I have another problem which has raised it's ugly head in the last 24 hours where once you sign in, the system works for about a minute & then it comes up with the following -

--------------------------------------------------

Check if it is powered up and connected to the Internet

This is happening to BOTH my systems which are at 2 different places......so the problem is not at my end. The funny thing is it works fine on the phone.

ARLO.....can you please fix this problem.

I've had nothing but problems since NETGEAR moved on, mid last. Before that the ARLO was brilliant & that's why I invest in a second system.

Can you please take us back to the good ole days & get ARLO going seamlessly again. 

antonleung
Star
Star

It doesn't always work even on phone app, just keep loading, but no live stream even the camera is nearby the base station (actually same as connection timed out in computer browser), like what you said it may work again after 30 minutes later.

Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

What also happens while this message is displayed -

Check if it is powered up and connected to the Internet

is if you're logged into a camera at the time, IT'S STILL $#^$% NG WORKING, with sound but you can't do anything accept log-out. 

This camera brand is fast becoming a JOKE.

I could never recommend it to anyone, EVER AGAIN.

BlondeInTally
Initiate
Initiate

On 3/30/2017 you suggested this was due to server issues. Is Arlo having server issues today?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi BlondeInTally,

What issues are you experiencing? Is this happening on the web client on your computer or on the Arlo app on your phone device? Could you show a screenshot of the error you're receiving?

Evolved311
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same problem.  The camera always just says "Connecting..." forever when trying to view it live.

Has anyone resolved this yet?

Evolved311
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same problem.  The Arlo Pro cameras just say "Connecting..." forever and never connect when trying to view live.

BlondeInTally
Initiate
Initiate

Was getting this both on phone app and from web browser on PC.

20200219 Request Timed Out.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Evolved311 wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  The Arlo Pro cameras just say "Connecting..." forever and never connect when trying to view live.

For now, the best approach is to stop using IE, and use a different browser instead.

Evolved311
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using the app on iOS (NOT web browser).  Sorry for not including that in the original message.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Evolved311 wrote:

I'm using the app on iOS (NOT web browser).  Sorry for not including that in the original message.

Can you try it with a web browser and see if it fails the same way?

antonleung
Star
Star

It seems after their stupid Arlo maintenance on Feb 19th (possible reboot server), the problem seems go away, I don't have "connecting..." in the phone app and "request timed out" in PC browser yet. I will keep trying, hopefully no more problem.

antonleung
Star
Star

This issue has NOTHING to do with our camera system, distance between the camera & base station, internet connection or wifi router, it is the Arlo cloud server/service problem, please DON'T waste your time to unplug the battery, restart or sync your cameras. 

But after their Arlo maintenance, you may have to restart the base station to see if it is working or not. Mine working normal now. All four cameras live stream at the same time, no issue yet, phone app or PC browser.

Good luck!

antonleung
Star
Star
One of the four cameras, Stupid live stream show "connecting..." again in app. So Arlo maintenance doesn't fix the issue. Garbage system, pissed off!