Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App v.2.5.1 crashing on open - ios 11.3.1 iphone x - VMS4430P Arlo 2 Pro 4 Cams

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
blitzo
Star
Star

Arlo App v2.5.1

iphone X

ios 11.3.1

Just bought and installed 2 of the 4 cameras.  The arlo app v2.5.1 (updated 2 days ago) works fine in setting up the system (have done this three times). After about 15-20 minutes of setting up (and messing around on) the cameras on the app; once im done im closing the app or switch to another app; the next time i try to open the app onwards, the app crashes whenever i try to access it.

I've tried this multiple times with no succes: https://www.howtoisolve.com/apps-crashing-in-ios-11-iphone-ipad/

The only things that works is reinstalling the app but only lasts until i no longer use the app (closed or just switching to another app) after install. All works well through the website but that removes the whole convience of the app / cam combo. Strangely enough, notifications on my phone still work even though the app cant open.

Been reading through the forum and trying for over 6 hours to fix this issue. (reset, reboot, install everything)  

Any thoughts on a solution for this? I cant figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

-------

Arlo App v.2.5.1 crashing on open - ios 11.3.1 iphone x - VMS4430P Arlo 2 Pro 4 Cams

25 REPLIES 25
blitzo
Star
Star

@JamesC wrote:

blitzo,

Several users have reported they no longer are experiencing this issue. Are you still having problems with your password being forgotten on 2.5.2?

JamesC

Hi JamesC

Yes it seems to be working better for me but still sometimes still shows the login screen.  However, now it saved my password and I just have to click login.  Also faceid is working for me without crashing the app.

I have noticed with this app some streaming issues from cameras that have full wifi reception to the base station like connection, transmission issues (frozen screen w/ active sounds) and sounds from camera playing even after pausing the live feed / browsing other areas of the app.