Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Set Recording Time No Longer Working

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC can you PLEASE get someone in the tech department to fix the recording times so they work! I have had my 5 camera's all set to specific recording times starting at 45 secs up to 80 secs, these have worked well for a couple of months then on 12/5/18 they suddenly stopped recording for set time. I have removed my custom modes and my schedule 3 times and then reset everything again and it still isn't working. My camera's are now recording 3secs up to 70secs very occassionally they record for correct length but most times only 3 - 7 secs which is useless to me as nothing is being caught therefore rendering this system useless to me. I have reset and deleted once on Android phone, once on android tablet and the last time on windows PC. My android app has been very glitchy as so I tried it on my PC but it still isn't working! I am in Australia.

Monica

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Redmoonstar

With all the many various complaints about this last firmware and app updates, I simply don't know what to tell people to help them.

I have only been affected by the IR LEDs coming on at night even if the cameras are disarmed, and possibly the lack of notifications, (I get my notifications through Smartthings). Someone mentioned that Support told him that his update didn't go through ,(properly?), so possibly that is what is happening with your system.

You might need to do a factory reset, reclaim your base and re-sync your cameras, which I know will be pain as you have to climb up ladders to do that. On the bright side, I have been able to re-sync all my cameras without taking them down. 

Just guessing at this point.

Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@Redmoonstar

Monica,

You might want to give Support a call. Here is the number for Australia:

(+61) 1300 361 254

Brian

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks Brian I'll ring in the morning. My camera's aren't picking up all motion now and I have them set to 100%. when they do pick up motion they only record for 3 -16 secs and then miss other motion.

Monica

brh
Master
Master

@Redmoonstar

With all the many various complaints about this last firmware and app updates, I simply don't know what to tell people to help them.

I have only been affected by the IR LEDs coming on at night even if the cameras are disarmed, and possibly the lack of notifications, (I get my notifications through Smartthings). Someone mentioned that Support told him that his update didn't go through ,(properly?), so possibly that is what is happening with your system.

You might need to do a factory reset, reclaim your base and re-sync your cameras, which I know will be pain as you have to climb up ladders to do that. On the bright side, I have been able to re-sync all my cameras without taking them down. 

Just guessing at this point.

Brian

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

I have just had a chat and they are going to get back to me if they have an answer. I reset my Orbi router this morning and had to set it up again. I unplugged the arlo base while I was doing this so it was off for over 10 mins and I'm still having the problem. I know have 2 modes that are recording for the correct length sometimes and these only have 2 camera's attached to the rule, the others have 3 camera's in the rule not sure if this has anything to do with it but I had the same set up before all these problems with no issues. I'm now waiting for netgear to get back to me. Thank Brian!

Monica 

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Just updating,  I removed my camera's & Base station,  factory reset base station then added device, re-synced all camera's , reset custom modes and schedule and still had the same issue.  Overnight until 5.30 - 6.00 am they recorded times correctly on all camera's but after 6.00am back to 2 - 28 secs even though same custom mode was still enabled. I contacted support again today as no one had gotten back to me from 22/5/18 I  explained the steps I had taken and that my system was working until their update "broke ^ a lot of syst,ems and they decided my base station has a hardware issue and issued me an RMA for a replacement base station.  Hoping I'll be back up and running properly soon . Thanks for the help Brian!

Monica

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

I received my replacement base station and am still having the same problem with set recording times, sometimes they will record to the set time correctly but mostly not although I am averaging 20-28 secs now instead of 2 - 10 secs so that's a small improvement. I still have some only 2-5 secs and then I miss events as it then doesn't pick up motion after the inital motion. I am sure this is a bug in the latest firmware and hope they fix it ASAP as the camera's are now not doing what's advertised. I have also changed my internet connections and have a better upload speed and this has made no difference. I know my speeds hadn't changed before this started as I rang my ISP. Thanks for all the help but I think netgear broke it and they need to fix it.

Monica