Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloWatchingYou
Tutor
Tutor

I have two Arlo Pro base stations with a single Arlo Pro Camera, the web app works and lets me view the cameras live. But the iOS app, at first shows the cameras online, then when you click and live view, after a couple of seconds of streaming it disconnects and flips to a dark overlay with "The Arlo Device is Offline" - it basically disconnects the live stream and the device. But, the device is online, and would continually record if on motion sensing, and also, would allow me

This happens on both devices in separate buildings. Both Arlo Pros base stations with a single Arlo Pro camera. One camera is about 2m from the base station, the other maybe 4m. Originally there was only one base station and one camera, and this worked fine. I then had one base station and two cameras, and this worked fine. As soon as I had two base stations each with one camera it all when **** over ***!

I've tried restarting routers, restarting base stations, removing camera batteries, deleting the iOS app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chobie
Tutor
Tutor

The new app update fixed this for me, trying updating and see if it works for you. It took a few tries of restarting the app afterwards but it now works again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chobie
Tutor
Tutor

I have the exact problem! Let's hope someone can tell us how to fix this

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @ArloWatchingYou and @Chobie,

Have you tried to restart your phone and try to use mobile data instead of wifi to view the livestream?

Chobie
Tutor
Tutor
I just restarted my phone and disconnected from the WiFi and using 4G data I still get the same issue.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest contacting our Arlo Support Team so they can help you with the app showing your cameras are offline.

Chobie
Tutor
Tutor

The new app update fixed this for me, trying updating and see if it works for you. It took a few tries of restarting the app afterwards but it now works again.

ArloWatchingYou
Tutor
Tutor
So it wasn’t us! There was a (dramatic music) dun dun dahhhhh!!! A BUG! 🐛 (more of a grub, but it’ll do!...)

Works for me too now.