Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro iOS app says camera is offline but works via desktop in chrome

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Chobie
Tutor
Tutor

When I open the iOS app it will briefly display the controls for one of my cameras before it tells me that the device appears offline.

If I use the web app via Chrome on my desktop then this issue doesn't appear and I can view live video or change the settings.

The camera in question still triggers on motion and records footage correctly, it just seems that the iOS app is reporting the status incorrectly.

My setup is 3x Arlo Pro and it only affects the 1 camera and on the phone app. I've tried removing the battery and removing it and adding it again but the issue persists.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chobie
Tutor
Tutor

I tried this but it didn't work.

The new app update seems to have fixed it though!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using os 12.x  ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Chobie
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I am using iOS 12. But this issue persisted before the upgrade.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Chobie,

Have you tried to uninstall the app, restart your iPhone, and reinstall it again? Also, what iPhone are you using?

Chobie
Tutor
Tutor
I am using iPhone 6s Plus.

I tried the steps you mentioned and the problem still exists.

I did notice after reinstalling I didn’t need to enter my details again. Is it due to an iCloud backup or something?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hm, try to log out and uninstall the app, restart your iPhone, and reinstall to see if you have to re-enter your details again. If you are still having problems that your camera is showing offline on your app, I would suggest contacting our Arlo Support Team so they will be able to assist you further.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Chobie wrote:
I did notice after reinstalling I didn’t need to enter my details again. Is it due to an iCloud backup or something?

Yes. Turn off and delete any cloud backups you may have before uninstalling and reinstalling. On android we can clear data and clear cache for the Arlo app, if you have something simliar on iphone try that first.

Chobie
Tutor
Tutor

I tried this but it didn't work.

The new app update seems to have fixed it though!