Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is someone having the same problem ? I have arlo pro and I installed the new app for Arlo (Android device) and after this I'm not receiving my notifications at all , is recording fine but I'm not getting push notifications . Can someone help me or this is a problem with the new app for Arlo ? Thanks

138 REPLIES 138
Kwantau
Guide
Guide
I'm using a Samsung S7 with a up to date OS. Tried everything to get it to give me notifications
jtannenba
Star
Star

Stated previously, a Pixel 3 Android version 9.

Ericboxer
Guide
Guide
Yes really well
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well I have samsung galaxy s10 plus .. android 9 version.
12mk21
Star
Star

Same here, Notification work on the first day or so after new app installed And it stopped working. no more notifications.

Pixel XL with new Arlo App. I also uninstalled the old legacy app.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Zenfone 4 with Android 8.0 stopped getting notifications after installing new app.

Tested with iPad, iOS 12.4 works ok, getting notifications no problem.

Dgibbs
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue; no notifications after the installation of the new app. Has anyone found a resolution?
Thanks
Ericboxer
Guide
Guide
Yes reinstall the app and unplug your base station for 60 sec
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I did that the other day and still the same . No notifications at all.
jp240
Aspirant
Aspirant

so got email about new ap , so i download and now i dont get notifications . Everything worked great until yesterday what good is a security system when it does not tell you something is happening . 

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary
JessicaP,

I am on a Galaxy Note 10. When I install the new app, the notifications worked for a day. Then all of a sudden, when nothing has changed, the notification stop working. I uninstall and reinstall the new app. The notifications worked for a few days. Then notifications stopped working again. I just reinstalled again to see how long the notifications will last this time....
idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re-install didn't work for me, clearing cache, and storage didn't eithere, here is what worked: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netgear-inc-2/arlo/arlo-2-7-12_25660-release/arlo-2-7-12_25660-android...

The older app

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a known issue with iOS 13 beta.  It's been reported on some other platforms too (both Android and iOS), and Arlo says they are still analyzing that part.

Have you tried switching back to the legacy app?  You can use it until 30 September.

jp240
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted it per there instructions 

, im using android 

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Ok found a workaround with my phone to fix Arlo notifications:

-added Arlo app to “auto start”;

-removed Arlo app from “optimized” apps list from battery optimization.

restart phone and all notifications are back!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Paul_FCCL wrote:

Ok found a workaround with my phone to fix Arlo notifications:

-added Arlo app to “auto start”;

-removed Arlo app from “optimized” apps list from battery optimization.

restart phone and all notifications are back!

Good to know.  Let us know if that affects your phone's battery life.

Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can you put step by step on how do it and where I need to go please . Thanks
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Kevin94 wrote:
Can you put step by step on how do it and where I need to go please . Thanks

Not sure whether steps are the same with all android phones, mine is an Asus Zenfone 4, running android 8.0.

Within the Mobile Manager go to PowerMaster and then you should see an Auto-start manager. In there, scroll down to Arlo app and turn ON to allow the auto-start.

Then go to battery usage and  (assuming yours is on by default) turn off battery optimization for Arlo.

Restart your phone, your Arlo notifications will work.

Didn’t need to do any of this with the legacy app, but something has changed.

This might also affect your battery life (as pointed out) however it just means you want the notifications coming even when your phone is on standby, I know I do.

RK3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here as well. I installed the new app, tried to get my settings back to normal (no email, no vibrate) and seemed to get alerts without issue. For about an hour. Since then I have seen nothing come through. What I don't understand is why Arlo didn't just update the current app like every other company in the world does. Making us download a new app and go through the setup process is just stupid.

My current settings are as follows:
Samsung S7 edge
Always Listening: On (whatever this means) No Sound
Geofencing is enabled: Off
Notications: Importance - Medium, no sound
On lock screen: Show content

Sindresv
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a Samsung S10+ and the notifications has stopped working with the new app. I have granted my wife access, and a pad. On both those devices the notifications work, but not on mine wich is admin. Have tried to make a new user account and log in with that. Will report if this works. Maybe the notification problem is limited to the admin? All the devices run Android 9.
somewhereiniowa
Star
Star
I did what Eric Boxer recommended. I uninstalled the new app, unplugged the base station for at least 60 seconds, and installed new app. Notifications are still working fine now, two days AFTER doing all the above. Thanks Eric!!!

I suggest everyone do the same. Good luck and have a good weekend!
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
So you need to first uninstall the new app and then unplug the base station for 60 seconds ?
somewhereiniowa
Star
Star
Kevin, yes, that is what I did. That's how I read the directions from Eric...
Kwantau
Guide
Guide

Eric was right as his method worked. I have my Push notifications back but still don't have my email notifications working, and don't know what the problem is with that. I had done the station shutdown and App removal and installation over a week ago but to no avail. I just did not wait long enough with the Base Station shutdown and turned it on before installing the App again. Thanks Eric

JesseJWilliams
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm not getting any notifications. Alerts and notifications are on. Please help. Thanks!