Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is someone having the same problem ? I have arlo pro and I installed the new app for Arlo (Android device) and after this I'm not receiving my notifications at all , is recording fine but I'm not getting push notifications . Can someone help me or this is a problem with the new app for Arlo ? Thanks

138 REPLIES 138
jtannenba
Star
Star

Well, This morning, Legacy was not on Google Play., so there is no going back now. And still no notifications.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jtannenba wrote:

Well, This morning, Legacy was not on Google Play., so there is no going back now. And still no notifications.

I'm not seeing it either.  @JamesC ???

jtannenba
Star
Star

I am really fed up because I'm close to leaving for a spell and this expensive camera system I bought will not do the job I bought it for,  especially now with the app pulling this crap.  Arlo needs to actually hire software engineers that know what they are doing.  This needs to be more consumer friendly and worth the expense of the cameras.

Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wow now we have to use the new app even when there is no push notifications . It's frustrating , they need to fix this problem. I send them a email but they never answered the email.
Hitchhik3r
Tutor
Tutor

I know this same issue exists with the new iOS 13. I want to make it clear that this is not isolated to that OS and it includes the new Android 10 as well. Please fix this app ASAP. I have received ZERO notifications for activities since installing the new app. For a company focused on security, these updates need to occur quicker.

Robbynalker
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here. No notifications after installing new app.
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
And they haven't released an update to fix this issue.
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm with you they need to fix this issue ASAP because what's the point on having the cameras if we don't get notifications if there's motion or something happen ? Arlo fix this issue because is frustrating
Kwantau
Guide
Guide

I'm using a Samsung S7 and have been using that with the Arlo Pro 2 for about 1-1/2 years without any issues until the App change over. Walked out the door expecting my email annuntiation but heard nothing even though the camara recorded me leaving. I checked everything that I could think of but came up empty. I think this problem was created by Arlo's change over and they should fix it asap as it is a security issue.

Kwantau
Guide
Guide
I have tried everything under the sun to no avail. Unplugged base station . Uninstalled the app and installed it again from Google Play and Play Store without any change. I think that Arlo has to step and own this screwup
AndreasBi
Tutor
Tutor

Still waiting for the update. 

Made some test yesterday, still not working. Old App working without any problem. The other thing, is someone from Arlo-Company reading, what's happening here. I think there are not so much replies. Just the "hint" to install again... 

I find it very frustrating that the search for the problem starts allways on the usersite.

They make new software, notthing works, but it's the user... Dream on!

So again. Fix asap !!!!!

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
Android 10
New Arlo app
Push notifications were working fine as of 9/10 now today 9/11, no push notifications are being received.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of users not receiving push notifications after installing the new 2.8 version of the Arlo mobile app. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just updated the Arlo app on my Android, and now I'm not getting notifications when there is motion, they are recording, but no notification
Alfie64
Star
Star

Ditto.  Getting NO notifications at all since new app downloaded. My videos take forever to buffer and some don't even play at all. 

This app is a mess. Shame on you Arlo for pushing this out hallf baked.

Ericboxer
Guide
Guide
Soon as I updated the app I stopped getting notification what happened how do you fix it
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I don't know how to fix this issue . I'm frustrated with this issue
Ericboxer
Guide
Guide
I got it working by reinstalling the app and unplugging the base station for 60 sec now it's working again
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I need to try that to see if it works after this . Thanks
Ericboxer
Guide
Guide
Good luck these cameras are a pain in the but at times
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes they work good but sometimes they are a pain like you said.
somewhereiniowa
Star
Star
Let us know tomorrow if you're still getting the notifications. Thanks
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Ericboxer wrote:
Good luck these cameras are a pain in the but at times

At times ???

.......pretty generous, Arlo loves you!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which Phone/Device/OS Version are you using?  The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

somewhereiniowa
Star
Star
Eric boxer, are your notifications still working today?