Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo (Android device) No notifications with new app

Discussion stats
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is someone having the same problem ? I have arlo pro and I installed the new app for Arlo (Android device) and after this I'm not receiving my notifications at all , is recording fine but I'm not getting push notifications . Can someone help me or this is a problem with the new app for Arlo ? Thanks

138 REPLIES 138
idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC wrote:

There is a new version of the Android Arlo mobile app available in the app store that resolves this issue. Please make sure to update to the latest version of the mobile app. For more details on this, take a look here: Arlo Android App - 2.8.1 - 16th September 2019

JamesC

Just installed...........now we wait.......

storgeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep looks like it works on my Samsung Andriod ver 9 device.   The new version is 2.8.1 

idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@storgeman wrote:

Yep looks like it works on my Samsung Andriod ver 9 device.   The new version is 2.8.1 

Looks like it is working here as well!! Thanks!

Shocker19
Tutor
Tutor
I have a Samsung s8 running Android 9. I haven't recurved notifications since i uninstalled the old app. The cameras record, but no notifications.
idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Shocker19 wrote:
I have a Samsung s8 running Android 9. I haven't recurved notifications since i uninstalled the old app. The cameras record, but no notifications.

There is an updated version on the app store, 2.8.1_25875 that fixes this

Bsheldon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not receiving alerts on galaxy note 9 since recent update for system required last wk any thoughts
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bsheldon wrote:
Not receiving alerts on galaxy note 9 since recent update for system required last wk any thoughts

Check the google play store, and see if there's another update pending.  2.8.1 was pushed yesterday.  This is a normal update - no need to uninstall/reinstall.

Tricky68
Guide
Guide

Confirmed, since with the release of the updated app 13/09 v2.8.1_25875, the push notifications are back. Thxs for your fast reaction ARLO

Sodone
Tutor
Tutor

After a 40 minute phone call with tech support,  the push notifications on my Android 7 worked for about two hours. Now I'm no longer getting push notifications, even with the app update. I think they're working on it -- just hope it's fixed soon. 

Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine is working fine now since the last update .. but I'm on Android 9
atmclendon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Kevin94,
Everyone is having the same notification problems. Seems Arlo took an app that worked and made it better until it didn't work.

HEY ARLO, instead of the canned answers of "sorry to hear your having problems" how about fixing the problem that everyone is having, NOTIFICATIONS!!
privatpilot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem... after the new app was installed on Samsung Galaxy S7, I no longer recieve any notifications but yet the occurances are recorded.  Geofencing is not workin either.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC @JessicaP @ShayneS  Can an Arlo employee here please tell us you've communicated the poor performance of the App to the developers and that the September 30 forced rollover to the new app will not be enforced until you have a fully functioning app?

This is absolutely ridiculous to force us into a non-working app!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Push notifications should now be working with the latest Android mobile app. Please make sure you've updated to the latest version from the app store. If you're still experiencing issues, open a new thread here on the community or reach out to the support team to further investigate the issue.

Arlo Mobile App 2.8.1

Arlo Support Team