Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Why does it take so long to view a video! .
In the devices tab it showsI have 16 videos to view.
I could tap that number 16, and endlessly wait for the videos to appear. I could try toggle through days in order to refresh. But I am still waiting for the videos to appear. It is faster to log out and log back in again.
Happens multiple times a day, Everyday.
It never used to be like this.
Why is it now.
Happens on wifi and mobile data.
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shoustonnz wrote:
Why does it take so long to view a video! .
In the devices tab it showsI have 16 videos to view.
I could tap that number 16, and endlessly wait for the videos to appear. I could try toggle through days in order to refresh. But I am still waiting for the videos to appear. It is faster to log out and log back in again.
Happens multiple times a day, Everyday.

What phone are you using?  Have you tried restarting the phone?

Are you also seeing issues when livestreaming?

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Samsung s21. Android 12.
No live streaming issues, Uninstalled app, restarted the phone, Reinstalled app. Cleared cache, cleared data. All short term fixes.
But always end up with the never ending refresh wheel spinning,spinning,spinning.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shoustonnz wrote:

Samsung s21. Android 12.
No live streaming issues, Uninstalled app, restarted the phone, Reinstalled app. Cleared cache, cleared data. All short term fixes.
But always end up with the never ending refresh wheel spinning,spinning,spinning.

Not sure what is going on there.  But it might be good to test livestreaming the next time you see this.

This could be linked to your location.  Are you located in NZ (just guessing based on your username)?  

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Just tested live streaming during slow library refresh.
And fine "no worries" as we say here in Auckland New Zealand
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Video proof of slow library.
Toggle through past days, connect to live stream. Still slow library. Log out. Log back in. Library works....Till next time.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xq5lJTT1qKRJKk-RCQiRUo8_ugm_b3bs/view?usp=drivesdk