Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection issue

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arlo1972
Follower
Follower
I have a VMC4030 camera which I have positioned inside a front window looking into the front yard. The picture is quite clear however the motion detection won't work through the glass. Is this an issue with this model? Do any of the newer models work through a window?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arlo1972 wrote:
I have a VMC4030 camera which I have positioned inside a front window looking into the front yard. The picture is quite clear however the motion detection won't work through the glass. Is this an issue with this model? Do any of the newer models work through a window?

The camera uses passive infrared (PIR) sensors to detect motion - and they usually won't work through glass.

The Essential Indoor uses pixel processing, and that will detect through glass.  Though reflections can get in the way.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arlo1972 wrote:

The camera uses passive infrared (PIR) sensors to detect motion - and they usually won't work through glass.

The Essential Indoor uses pixel processing, and that will detect through glass.  Though reflections can get in the way.