Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Change Account Email

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
katykat
Follower
Follower

My husband (now ex) was added as a guest on my account. I now have to pass the entire account to him. How can I do this? 

I removed him as a guest then tried to replace my email with his but it says account already exists.

How can he completely delete his account so I can make the email change? 

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master

If you no longer wish to have access to the arlo equipment anymore then all you need to do is to delete your account and then delete the app on any mobile devices you have.

You can delete your account via the mobile app or web portal in browser by going into settings, select the privacy centre, select delete arlo account.

If you wish to keep the account for new equipment then you just remove the equipment from your myDevices page under settings.

Once the equipment has been removed from your account the equipment can then be used by the new owner.

Ensure that you have also removed any granted access users from your account via the account settings page, grant access list.

Be aware that any removal will wipe the library so if you need any recordings they will need to be downloaded first.

(You may also need to check that you can cancel your subscription before deleting the account.)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@katykat wrote:

How can he completely delete his account so I can make the email change? 

He can go into the privacy center in the app - there's a way to delete the account there.