Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BigRed3169
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I've been using my Arlo system for over a year now. Liked it so much I upgraded to better cameras. Then the app makes me want to get rid of my system entirely. The convenience factor of being able to log in with fingerprint isn't worth a damn thing if my wife logs in to look at the cameras! Arlo app makes us physically type in password Everytime now! Why have the unlock with fingerprint option if you don't let us use it Anymore????

Ok so I definitely feel dumb!!! Decided to create a new user name for my wife and Grant her access!!! SUCCESS!!!! Now I'm not fighting to login anymore!!!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent cloud update along with an update for the Android Arlo mobile app has been released that should resolve this issue. Please visit the app store and be sure you are up to date on the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App: Release Notes - Android App 2.4.10 - 26th March 2018

If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know.

JamesC

View solution in original post

85 REPLIES 85
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's always been the best way to utilize the system between multiple people. However, consider why you might want to use the fingerprint option. I tried it for a while but turned it off since the app will simply log me in without having to enter the password (it remembers). If the phone has a lock screen, why use fingerprint to access Arlo?

Dclark39
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same problem with the app constantly logging me out, even after just a few minutes. And there is nobody else accessing the cameras/site/app. I've gone into my settings to make sure there wasn't an errant radial checked somewhere, and nothing. this just started happening in the last week...after the network implosion.

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes and it if reporting a flash issue many times too.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If you're getting a session times out error message and you have to log back in everytime you open the app, then go to the google play store and install the latest version of the arlo app. (version 2.4.9_20031). That should fix the issue.

BigRed3169
Aspirant
Aspirant
Went ahead and did that and it still didn't fix the issue. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled. After that I was golden! Thanks everyone for the advice! Glad it's fixed!
castleshade
Tutor
Tutor

I now have to log in every time I want to get online to see what's happening. Before I could log in and forget it.

If I got a notification I could click on arlo and "be there real time". Now I have to re-login and that takes time and

is not always practical. Especially if I get a notification that there is movement out the door and it's a person,

I have to log in before I can talk to him.

What has changed? Is there a fee attached to staying logged in?

Thank you for any help.

Twinkle
Star
Star
I did that ,did not solve the session has expired error.. it was on Mar 14 thar Arlo released that version,based on my phone info.I reported it to Arlo,they said they are working on it,I have a case no. Hope they it. I was fine until Mar 15, never got error message since I install in Feb. ,it has to be the new version. It was hell trying to log in, kept getting several screens but none took me to my v
Cameras. Hope Arlo fixes the error.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No fee needed. Are you using fingerprint to log in or just username and password? The latter should log you in automatically. Perhaps reinstalling the app and/or restarting the phone would help.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Twinkle

The new andriod version (2.4.9_20031) actully fixed my session timed out issue. If you have android and have that version, have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling?

Dclark39
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for this recommendation! I uninstalled an older version of the app and reinstalled the new version, problem solved...for me anyhow. Now I just have to figure out why my apps arent updating with new releases.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Dclark39wrote:
Thank you for this recommendation!
Now I just have to figure out why my apps arent updating with new releases.

Your welcome.

It's google what else is new. I only have android because the Samsung S8 is the best phone out there, but I really dislike google and android. Windows 10 on my S8 would be perfect for me. Anyway check your play store settings. Auto update and notification settings are in the play store settings menu.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If you're on Android....... go to the play store and install the latest Arlo app (version 2.4.9_20031). Thta will fix the session tmes out issue and/or having to log in everytime.

Krispy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I've had the arlo pack and base station for 6 weeks. The app on android always stayed open. This week it is now logging me out due to an expired session after an hour or so. Thia never happened unless i logged out. Whats changed and how can this be fixed?
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Go to the play store and download the latest version. (2.4.9_20031). If you already have that version, uninstall and reinstall the app.

Twinkle
Star
Star

yes, I did that several times. Also if you search the board "Session Expired" , you will see that others started that post on 3/15 as I did. I called Arlo , have a case number. Was told to call back in a couple days for resolution. In searching the board, this has happened in May and July 2017.

If I turn off/on my phone, the apps come back as normal-go figure. I even tried it on my other (later model)  smartphone-same results.

Can only hope when I call on 3/17, Arlo has an answer

GUSSY1324
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro system with 5 cameras has workrd fine for months. But for the last several weeks my system keeps timing out and I have to keep logging in. Any sggestions would be appreciated. 

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Now that I have my system back up and running now iam having trouble with the app as it keeps saying "session time out you must log in" but the app is not logged out but it will not work till I log it out then log back in. I have the latest 2.4.9_20031 app I even un-installed and re-installed still the same issue.

Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Join the club.  Its not just you.  You'll see that a number of people are having the issue over the last 2-3 days and the PR side of Netgear is MIA.  Sorry for not haivng and answer.

av53
Guide
Guide
I am/was having the same issue for the last 3 days. The problem somehow corrected itself today. No explanation as to why.
Bcowan1960
Tutor
Tutor
Not sure what is going on timing out when entering app.
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yeah I know what happened to all the mods, admins and reps? JamesC anybody?

BetaUser3000
Guide
Guide
I've been getting "Your session has expired. Please log in" several times a day for a week now. I even uninstalled the android app, restarted my phone, reinstalled 2.4.9_20031 3/14/18 release date two days ago yet problem continues. Very frustrating. In my case, I think it involves another android user who is my relative with a different email login that I granted access to. If this other android user operates the android app, somehow it affects my login session. In the past, if I used the desktop interface with my email login, it would auto log me out as soon as I used my android app with the same email login which is an expected behavior.
Hijk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have unistalled and re installed 4 times now, not a fix don't work!!!
Jen001
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too have had the same issue.