Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android App Cycles Through Screens on Startup

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ppeters
Tutor
Tutor

The android app sometimes starts and goes through a variety of screens before getting to the Devices screen.  Other times it just sits at one of the less populated screens for long periods of time (with heavy network activity).  I've got a video screen capture of this.  I'd attach it to this post if I could find a way to do that.

I'm running version 2.4.2_17124 of the Android app (released 5/19/17).

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download from the Play Store. Please be sure to download and install the latest version: Release Notes

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reported in other threads here. I have an open case on this.  It appears to affect certain phones with certain OSes but not necessarily consistently.  I have 3 devices and the issue only affects one.  For that one I use either the Home or multitask softkeys which somehow causes the app to start properly.  No idea why.

ppeters
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the information.

I uploaded my screen capture video to youtube so I can link it here.  Just so you can see what I'm seeing....

ppeters
Tutor
Tutor

Forgot to mention, I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 running Android 7.0.  My wife reports the same kind of problems with her Samsung Galaxy S6.

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
I have this problem too, Samsung S8+, a lot of the time I just get a blank screen, so I hit apps running button and then it recycles the screen and works, but its a pain, app has a definite bug.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's different from what I see but still similar.  Are you on app version 2.4.2 or 2.4.3?  If the latter, uninstall the app and reinstall to get the previous version that was re-released to the Play Store.  If you're still on 2.4.2, Android 7.x seems to be the trigger but not for every device and maybe not for identical devices and OSes.

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
My app version is 2.4.2
ppeters
Tutor
Tutor

I'm running app version 2.4.2_17124, dated 5/19/17.  As far as I can tell, this is the most current version available in the Android Play Store.

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Yeah they pulled 2.4.3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
At this point, your only option on these devices is to use the Home or multitask button, maybe a couple of times, to get it to stabilize. Another more brute force method is to force close the app but that takes more steps. Also clearing all data for the app may have some help.
ppeters
Tutor
Tutor

That's what we're doing now.  Hopefully there will be a fix in a "near future" release of the software.

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Another thing I see quite alot is something saying cannot find account due to pub/sub par request. Don't know what this all about!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download from the Play Store. Please be sure to download and install the latest version: Release Notes

JamesC